SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

2015 Gun reports

11/20/15 @ 10:51 AM
INITIAL POST
FLAN
User since 2/21/06
Hunting in Kenosha county tomorrow. Not to excited about the season but I'll be out. Haven't seen much the last 3 weeks in person or on cams. Good luck everyone and be safe.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 95 posts
3/2/16 @ 1:00 PM
niklaus7
niklaus7
User since 5/9/02
Waupaca
3/2/16 @ 11:36 AM
land man
User since 9/12/06
niklaus7- Nice Buck!! What county?
3/1/16 @ 2:25 PM
niklaus7
niklaus7
User since 5/9/02
2nd day gun buck from 2015. was watching a doe in my scope about 80 yds out in a cedar swamp. saw his antlers march through the scope and dropped the scope down and to the right a bit found his vitals and squeezed one off. thought it was a bad shot so waited about 3 hours to go look. i figured he was right there when i saw crows dropping down from the trees where i shot him. sure enough he was laying right there! 16 3/8" inside 10 point.
2015 Gun reports photo by niklaus7
12/11/15 @ 1:35 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
Waupaca co: hunted last night and this AM, and have seen a couple deer, seems small bucks are out cruising and chasin does again, which is cool to see, only seen 2 doe far off this AM back at it in a few. goodluck all out for the does!
12/1/15 @ 1:13 PM
Ranger34
User since 9/12/02
Was a very good season for us in Jefferson County. I saw over 40 deer with three being mature bucks we had on trail camera. I was able to harvest a nice 8pt that will score in the 130's and my brother in law took an 8pt Sunday that will score around the same. My son (11) had his first encounter with a mature 10pt on Friday am that would not offer a clean shot, but the experience he gained was priceless as I mentored him through why he shouldn't have shot. Our neighbor also took a really nice 10pt we had on camera but had a broken G3 since we last had him on cam.
12/1/15 @ 11:27 AM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
User since 5/31/02
My area of northern Oconto County was buck-only (for me) this year. There were 200 public land antlerless permits for northern Oconto County and I did not get one. Which is fine. Saw 8 assorted antlerless deer on Opening Day, then 2 on Sunday before leaving the woods to watch the Packer game. Was feeling pretty good to at least see some deer, even if I couldn't shoot them. Had an antlerless permit for southern Oconto County so I headed down there Monday morning. Saw zero deer hunting dawn to dusk, very little sign, a few rubs and scrapes. Headed back to southern Oconto County on Tuesday. Saw zero deer from dawn to about 3:30PM. Then, as if by magic, two enormous does appeared out of the swamp. I drilled the larger of the two with the 35 Whelen. Plenty of delicious venison for the winter. Slept in Wednesday morning after the arduous drag out of the woods late Tuesday night. Was feeling pretty good about the plump deer swinging from the maple tree. Roasted a turkey and watched football while it rained all day Thursday. Was back at my buck-only area Friday and Saturday but only saw one unknown deer in the distance. Went home early Sunday. Pretty typical year for me in the Nicolet. Happy to have some fresh venison, even if those Nicolet monsters elude me year after year after year. RR
11/30/15 @ 8:39 PM
Hardcore-Wisconsin
Hardcore-Wisconsin
User since 8/10/10
opening day in crivitz
11/30/15 @ 8:19 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05
JJB Depending on where the leg is hit do not assume the doe will not make it. We have had this same doe around for two years and we have a ton of yotes. Don't get me wrong if you want a deer than she would be a good one to shoot but do not take her out just cause you think that she won't make it.
11/30/15 @ 5:51 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
Clark county 7-13 guys for 7 days of hunting shot one fork horn and saw 19 deer. Very poor deer population.
11/30/15 @ 3:04 PM
TRetzlaff
User since 12/4/09
Tough season for our group. Five guys hunting six days and no mature bucks. We made a decision not to harvest any does as our herd has been reduced greatly in the last several years.
11/30/15 @ 12:37 PM
docy
User since 6/14/03
2 old coots got lucky the first hour of opening day in Crawford County.
11/30/15 @ 10:55 AM
land man
User since 9/12/06
We had a good season. Our "family group of 6 shot 6 bucks and 6 does. Here are some pics. The first is of the crew and a "12 pointer", the 2nd is of a 9pt, 17" buck and the last is of my son and one of his does.
2015 Gun reports photo by land man
11/30/15 @ 9:25 AM
Horble
User since 4/11/08
Hey Duffin, Looks like we both saw the same northern Vilas County deer! Actually, I also witnessed a brown tail, but that will go down in the book as a fable for 2015. As of Sunday the 29th there have been 7 hides collected for the Lions Camp in Manitowish Waters, and three of them were shot down south. More bear were taken in a 20 mile circle than deer this year and they could have issued and filled a lot more bear tags.
11/29/15 @ 11:57 PM
Cory2
User since 7/16/10
The question was directed at AO and Reeldrag. I just didn't know and was curious. Someone stated it was group hunting so I went back and read the regs. I simply didn't know so I asked, no ill intent intended. Great pic AO. Be proud and do not think I am dumping on your parade. I second (maybe third, fifth, tenth) the no bucks seen. I did see a large body buck on 2nd Saturday at 630am by the other stand I sat during gun season (that I wasn't in on Sat. am) Saw 9 does tonight as a last hunt of the season. I just felt compelled to go out again. All doe running away from me as it was still and I didn't shower before going out. The calm night, slight south wind, noise I made walking, and the direction I had to enter the woods all didn't work in my favor. Fun year, lots of opportunities with the bow, can't wait for next year. Is it Sept. 2016 yet?
11/29/15 @ 9:10 PM
AO
User since 8/1/01
Cory2..... To answer your question because obviously your referring to me. It's called group hunting. Wisconsin law allows you to bag a deer for another group hunter as long as your within voice or visual distance which I was. Both deer were legally taken and both were deer I am proud of. Good luck to all. AO
Displaying 1 to 15 of 95 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE