Stevens Point Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
Fun On Tap!Conveniently located in the center of the state, the Stevens Point area is a recreational playground in the heart of central Wisconsin. Whether you’re on the water or on land, from paddling the backwaters and sloughs or exploring 27-miles of the Green Circle Trail, adventure is calling your name.
The fun continues by visiting local breweries, walking through local farmers markets and eating in distinct restaurants. Get to know the local arts & culture scene, inspired by the natural beauty of the area. Explore and purchase art from the blossoming artist community in numerous galleries. There are so many things to do, including events in the Stevens Point Area! View (and order) a visitors guide to start planning today.
Stevens Point Area By WaterFind the best waterways, fishing guides, scenic canoe and kayak routes and shoreline fishing spots to explore in the Stevens Point Area, by searching the categories below.
Many people are unaware of the diverse fishing that the Stevens Point Area has to offer. From the trout streams to the sloughs and backwaters of the Wisconsin River that are ripe with abundant species of fish and wildlife, the area offers some of Wisconsin’s premier angling.
Want more information about the waterways in the Stevens Point Area? View or order a Fishing Guide & Map, for more ideas.
Stevens Point By LandFind the best trails, parks, and biking routes to explore in the Stevens Point Area, by searching the categories below.
Get out and enjoy a hike through one of Portage County’s state natural areas, like New Hope Pines State Natural Area.
- Head out on your bike and explore the Tomorrow River State Trail or the Green Circle Trail. For the adventurous hit the mountain biking trails at Standing Rocks County Park.
- Go disc golfing in the Stevens Point Area, with several courses worth a stop.
- Arm yourself with a local birding guide and a pair of binoculars and go birding.
- Don’t miss a stop at the Stevens Point Sculpture Park and make the connection between outdoor recreation and the arts, which easily links to the Green Circle Trail (for those looking for longer distances to explore).
- Take the family on a high tech scavenger hunt and try your hand at geocaching. To find some local spots, ranging in difficulty, click here.
Winter RecreationFind the best spots for winter fun in the Stevens Point Area including cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, fat tire biking, sledding, sleigh rides, and snowmobiling, by searching the categories below.
Not sure where to start? If conditions are right, try snowshoeing through the Stevens Point Sculpture Park or along the Ice Age Trail.
- Want to cover some more ground? The region’s best cross-country skiing trails can be found on the Plover River segment of the Green Circle Trail and at Standing Rocks County Park.
- For more winter fun head over to Iverson Park. Bring a sled and enjoy the sledding hills or, try the ice skating rink (complete with warming house).
- For a little more speed explore 300 miles of snowmobiling trails throughout the county, many conveniently located near lodging just off of the trail. (View the snowmobile map here.)