Spirit of the Wilderness Outfitters Welcomes You
Located in Ely, Minnesota, Spirit of the Wilderness Outfitters & Outdoor Store has been serving Boundary Waters and Quetico park travelers since 1999. A family run business that it's primary goal is to help you make lifetime memories. We are centrally located to over 30 entry points. You will find us an easy one-stop shop before heading into the wilderness to canoe, hike or fish area lakes.
Services we offer:
- Bait & tackle shop: Stop in for minnows, crawlers, leeches and more. Open 6am-9pm daily, May 1-October 30. Our staff is ready to share fishing tips, techniques, and register those big fish for the Angler Fishing Contest. We talk fishing here! Plenty of off-street parking for trailers.
- Complete or partial outfitting, canoe/kayak/SUP Board rental, ground and towboat transportation to your entry point, permit reservations & personal routing, bunkhouse lodging, fishing tips & seminars and more.
- A large outdoor store with sportswear, footwear, camping gear and canoe accessories
- Kevlar and royalex canoe repair. We are noted as the go-to place for repairs done correctly and advise
- Tow boat service to area lakes in or near the BWCA: Moose Lake, Ensign, Prairie Portage, all points on Basswood, Burntside Lake (Crab portage) and Snowbank lakes.
- Wilderness guide service: include a guide in your plans and enhance your experience. A guide brings a wealth of experience, skills and educational approach to wilderness travel and fishing.
Canoe Trips.Traveling the BWCAW and Quetico Park can be a trip of a lifetime. Your wilderness travels memories will be talked about for many years:
- Fish for walleye, bass, northern pike, lake trout is some of the best fisheries in Minnesota and Ontario.
- Explore lakes and portages traveled by the Voyageurs and Native Americans dating back to the 1700s
- Visit historical, cultural and geologic sites.
- Be sure to have your camera ready for wildlife photography
Our friendly staff is ready to answer your questions and help you plan your adventure. Visit us at www.elycanoetrips.com or call us at 218-365-3149 or 800-950-2709 for more information and to start planning your Boundary Waters/Quetico trip today.
Ely Fishing Guide ServiceRob Nelson, owner and founder of Ely Fishing Guide Company has been fishing and guiding in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and Ely area lakes for over 18 years. Rob is a year round full-time guide. He and his chosen team of guides know fishing; where to fish, what bait and tackle to use and above all how to make your guided experience a success. Many of his guests return year after year because they know they will have a great experience. Whether you need a guide for a day or longer, Ely Fishing Guides is your number 1 choice. Visit www.elyfishingguide.com for more information and to reserve your guide this summer.