The Richter Anchor design came into existence around 5 years ago with a design to fit our needs while angling for walleye in northern Wisconsin. Friends and relatives insisted on having us make anchors for them, because they out performed any other design at the same weight and Richter Anchors was born.
The Richter Anchor design has an aggressive fluke pattern, and centered weight with the addition of a release bar that makes the anchor near 100% retrievable. The Richter Anchor has been shown to maintain a good hold with a 3:1 scope, often even less anchor line. Standard designs do not have the holding power of the Richter Anchor. The Richter Anchor has been tested by countless tournament fishermen, and compared to other "specialty" anchors that claim to be the best, the Richter Anchor is continuously preferred for reliability in varied bottoms and water conditions.
Richter Anchors recommends:
- 18 lb. Anchor for boats up to 20 ft.
- 25 lb. Anchor for boats up to 30 ft.
- Using Unicord; 3/8 nylon rebraid anchor line with a thimble. Connect the anchor ring and thimble with a 5/16" connect link and nut.
- Consider using 2'-4' ft. of chain on rough water.
Just lower a Richter Anchor off the stern or bow.
Set your line in at a 30°-40° angle or a 3 to 1 scope. Use extra line in rough water or current.
Position the boat over the Anchor or just past vertical, to allow the line to follow the release bar to base.
The Kwik-Grip is a new, innovative and safe way to secure your rope lines. Works with any rope up to 1/2 inch wide.
- New! Patented design reduces risk of horizontal release. Allows rope/strap inserting at any point
- Fast! Just pull the rope to lock
- Simple! Self-locking design
- Safe! A quick tug and load is secure.
- Cast from strong space age T-6061 aluminum alloy
- Tough protective coating ensure long life and minimum wear
- Mounted using two corrosion resistant #10 aircraft quality stainless steel screws
- Drift Sock
Superior In Design
Quick To Lock, Quick To Release
- Kayak Fishing: Getting Started
- Crankbait Selection Part 2
- Crankbait Selection Part 1
- Hobie Worlds Tournament A Huge Success
- Get Hooked Up!
- Accessorize Your Kayak Fishing Adventures
- Surf's Up, Prices Down
- End Of Summer Fishing
- Humminbird® Earns Two ICAST "Best of Category" Awards Including "Best of Electronics" for MEGA 360 Imaging®
- Fly Fishing For Summer Trout