Every destination has its one claim to fame. Ours is fishing, especially Walleye fishing off the western shore of the Bay of Green Bay in Oconto County. We describe it this way: there are two premier Walleye fisheries in the US: one is Lake Erie, and the other is right here on the Bay of Green Bay. We have testimonial after testimonial from pros and amateurs alike attesting to the "great" fishing here. Many Lake Michigan walleyes are absolutely huge, and when the summertime bite gets going, especially in the Bay of Green Bay, expect numbers of them.
- 180,000 acres public lands
- 475 miles of snowmobile trails
- 450 miles of ATV trails
- 341 miles of trout streams
- 58 lakes with public access
- 8 golf courses
- 98 miles of hiking and biking trails
- 50 miles cross country ski trails
Consider this your invitation to experience all of Oconto County's abundant resources. Enjoy the wildlife, the scenery, and friendly communities. Whatever you choose as your favorite pastime, Oconto County has a trail system, with nearby accommodations, to satisfy your quest for adventure. While you are here, enjoy our museums and historical sites, unique shops and galleries, and community festivals.
Oconto County is the place for you to build or expand your business!
- Community Development and Technology Development Tax Credits
- Aggressive development finance incentives
- Available trained workforce
- Cooperative local governments