Welcome to Hayward Wisconsin's Premier Fishing Guide Service!Fishing guide Jim Stroede provides tours and trips for Sawyer, Washburn, Burnett and surrounding counties in Northwest Wisconsin including Hayward and Spooner. We fish the Chippewa Flowage, Lost Land & Teal, Long Lake, Big McKenzie, Grindstone & Lac Courte Oreilles, the Minong Flowage and many other Wisconsin lakes.
Our fishing trips target Muskies, Walleyes, Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass, and Northern Pike. We can also take advantage of some great Crappie and Bluegill fishing on area waters too. Learn more about our guided fishing trips, check out our fishing trip photos, read my fishing tips and don't miss my regular Hayward fishing report.
About Your Fishing TripJim invites you to come and experience the waters of Northern Wisconsin. Fish from the Chippewa Flowage and Lost Land- Teal lakes of Sawyer County, to Long Lake and the Trego Flowage of Washburn County, to Big McKenzie and Yellow lakes in Burnett County and many, many other lakes in between.
When you spend a day on the water with Jim Stroede's Guide Service you will be provided with the best equipment possible to catch fish. We fish with quality St. Croix Rods, and have a great selection of all the best baits and tackle needed. We'll be fishing from my Yamaha four-stroke outboard powered Ranger fiberglass boat insuring a safe, effective, comfortable outing.
- Your current fishing license
- Fishing rods and reels (or you can use my St. Croix Rods)
- Rain gear, sunscreen, seasonable appropriate clothes, fishing sunglasses
- Water/soda in resealable bottles, lunch/snacks
- A fully rigged, clean and comfortable Ranger fishing boat with a quite running Yamaha four-stroke motor
- Live bait if needed ( live suckers for muskies may be extra )
- All fishing tackle needed for a successful day on the water
- Use of quality St. Croix Fishing Rods, spooled up with tough, dependable Cortland Fishing Line
- Full Day - 8 hour trip - $400
- 3/4 Day - 6 hour trip - $325
- Half Day - 4 hour trip - $250
* Deposit of $100 secures you trip
- Grindstone Lake, Sawyer County
- Lac Courte Oreilles, Sawyer County
- Lake Chippewa, Sawyer County
- Long Lake, Washburn County
- Lost Land Lake, Sawyer County
- McKenzie Lake, Washburn County
- Minong Flowage, Washburn County
- Moose Lake, Sawyer County
- Namekagon Lake, Bayfield County
- Round Lake, Sawyer County
- Spider Lake Chain
- Teal Lake, Sawyer County
- Largemouth Bass
- Northern Pike
- Smallmouth Bass
- White Crappie