Gare's Guide Service
I guide all year spending over 250 days on the open water and ice. I am a avid catch and release supporter for Muskies and Bass. My largest released Muskie to date is 54 1/4" and I am a holder of two world record bass line class records. The 2005 season was also a very successful season.Took the top 2 honors in the vilas county musky marathon guides division and 6 fish in the top 10!! Also numerous other awards for other clubs as well.
Some of my favorite waters are, The Sugar Camp Chain, Lakes North Nakomis, Pickerals and Muskellunges(both in Vilas and Oneida counties).Gilmore,Sweeney, Eagle River chain,Three Lakes chain, Escanaba, Fish Trap and High,(my cousin has a resort on Fish Trap and I have spent many a day fishing them 2 lakes). Clear, Indian, Two Sisters lakes. These are just some of my favorite waters. Chances are I fished many of the other waters not mentioned here as well.
About Your Adventure:I fish out of a 17 ft Tuffy Esox mag powered by a 80 hp Mercury. My boat is rigged with full electronics and set-up for night fishing. I will provide any necessary fishing equipment that you need. You'll need to bring rain gear, lunch, and sunscreen. A fishing hat and polarized sunglasses are good to bring along to see the fish follow ups or if we go shallow water sight fishing, and don't forget the camera and fishing license.
Here is a list of my favorite fishing adventures:Spring:
- Opening Season Walleyes
- Opening Muskies Shallow Water Bite
- Crappies in the Shallows and on the Cribs
- Spinner Baits & Twitch Baits for Pike
- Fishing for Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass
- Ice out Crappie and Bluegills
- Pre-season Musky on Escanaba lake-open year round
- Muskies, Twitch Baits and Bucktails, Evening Top Water and Jerkbaits
- Deep Water Cranking for Muskies
- Crib Fishing for Walleyes and Crappies
- Spinner baits for Musky
- Early Fall Jerk Baits and Big Bucktails for Muskies
- Late Fall Trophy Muskies with Suckers
- First Ice Walleyes and Northern Pike and crappies
- Tip up Fishing for Pike and Walleyes
- Brush Pile Jigging for Perch, Crappies and Bluegills
- Mud Flats for Panfish
- A full day in the boat is $275.00 for up to two people
- Half day rates are $160.00
- Tag-a-long boats are $50.00.
- If you require to stop for a lunch break out of the boat, this is included in our fishing time. To an extent,see below.
- Chain Lake, Oneida County
- Dam Lake, Oneida County
- Eagle Chain
- Eagle River Chain, Vilas County
- Echo Lake, Oneida County
- North Nokomis Lake, Oneida County
- North Twin Lake, Vilas County
- Rainbow Flowage, Oneida County
- Sand Lake, Oneida County
- Stone Lake, Oneida County
- Sugar Camp Chain
- Three Lakes Chain
- Twin Lakes (South), Vilas County