There are currently 25 reviews for High Falls Reservoir.
- Patrick Starfish (seacow) Wessel from Crivitz
Great Musky and Bass water.....when boaters are not present. Make water no wake.
- Jason Sulk from Marinette
Don't believe the hype that this lake will be like fishing in Canada. The scenery is gorgeous but the power boats and tourists are more numerous than the mosquitoes.
- peter meyer from Iola
Fished here last summer and got a cooler full of large mouth bass and northern. we just fished in the shallows.
- RICK RYAN from CHICAGO
It's a pretty good lake for shore fishing, I always catch a bunch of panfish, Bass and an occasional Northerns.
- Sam Heiden from Appleton, Wisconsin
if you want to watch boaters zoom by you and make wakes all day long this is the place to be 4 am to 1 hour aftersunriseto get fish before the hung-over people come back to abuse the waterway again
- Russell Bieniek from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Crowded, overfished and way too many inconsiderate boaters/jet skiers. Should be a better fishing lake, but it just is not. Don't waste your time.
- Robert Halverson from Pewaukee, Wisconsin
- jason bloedorn from sheb. falls, Wisconsin
been going up there 29 yrs.DNR killed the fishing by draining the river 3 times in the past 20 yrs.To many crazy boat drivers that think a wake for there kids on a water tube is more important than safety!! Safety comes first.Please practice catch &release of panfish and trophies.
- trevor dorn from appleton, Wisconsin
Great Walleye and Smallmouth fishing. Fish early or late, and know what you are doing. Have never had a bad outing yet!
- David Huibregtse from Oostburg, Wisconsin
Excellent fishing lake, scenic feels like Canada....
- MICHAEL GLEASON from LAKEWOOD, Illinois
This lake is highly pressured all year round. Every time I have ever ben there it has been over crowded. The only place that you can really fish if in the no wake zones. I have fish High Falls about five times and never caught a fish.
- nick schwan from milwaukee, Wisconsin
To many boats, not enough fish.
- Michael Carlson from Suring, Wisconsin
This waterway is very abused by weekend fisherman and power boats. It has some nice places to camp with the kids but fishing is tough. This place looks like a zoo come ice fishing time but you can get the crappies if you can find some deep structure(sticks and stumps).
- Chris Fisherguy from Allover, Wisconsin
Muskie fishing was good but since the dnr destroyed the fishing by draining the lake we haven't caught anything
- Ted Schroeder from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
SUMMER FISHING IS BAD BECAUSE OF ALL THE PEOPLE AND ICE FISHING -THE FISH JUST ISN'T THERE.
- john fishman from CRIVITZ, Wisconsin
A lot of small panfish but haven't had much luck with walleyes or bass. Should plan to fish during the week because summer weekend boat traffic can be like the Normandy invasion, and it's getting worse.
- Walleye Martino from Chicago, Illinois
Great Lake For Walleye And Largemouth Bass!!!
- Shane from Port Washington, Wi
A Lot Of Panfish, Bass In Lily Pads, Abundancy Ofmusky And Northern A Long Weed Edges!.
- Bass Assasin from Crivitz, Wi
Great Scenery, Excellent Swimming, Very Crowded In Summer
- G-Man from Watertown Wi
A Dead Sea In Summer. Not Even Panfish Biting. Go Elsewhere.
- Bassman from Milwaukee
One Of The Best Smallmouths Lakes I´ve Fished! Let´s Keep It That Wy, Practice Catch And Release
- Smalljaws from Carol Stream, Il
This Lake Is Excellent / Walleye In Deep Water / Musky On Weedlines
- Tommy Gerbyshak from Crivitz
A Quality Lake For All Species,so Much Structure It´s Confusing To Fish
- Rock from Menomonee Falls
Panfish Are Abundant. Also Many Bass, Walleye, And Northern.
- Dion Doege from Cedar Grove