There are currently 21 reviews for Castle Rock Lake.
Fished the the shallows by petenwell dam on the river portion for muskies, i was throwing the ty sennett pacemaker i had 3 follows and none of them were to committ, one was a giant while others were in the 40-45inch range. I only know two spots on the whole system in regards to petenwell and castle rock lake, does anyone know other area this time of year to produce any other fish? Thanks!
- Nenad Paunovic from Adams, WI
Outstanding walleye fishery with 30+ inchers present.Huge spring crappie in Kleins creek.Whitebass are huge and abundant.
- Louie Julian from Oxford, WI
Great lake but if you dont know it get a guide and i recommend JESSE QUALE of Green Water Walleye guide srevice.He knows this body of water better then anyone and he is one of the best anglers in the Midwest.
- ryan stevens from Arkdale, WV
Great place to be..
- Anthony T. from Schaumburg, IL
Been out a few small eyes what's a good trolling speed on. The rock
- John Erickson from Kenosha, WI
Fished the Rock a few times and always catch a lot of fish. Great for bring out the kids for good action
- SHANNON STEPHENSON from BRADLEY
Great all around lake for the whole family. Vast area for all outdoor enthusiasts, endless photo opportunities, exceptional fishing for all ages, numerous campgrounds and accessible shoreline campsites for the willing adventurers.
- Matt Culliton from Genoa City, Wisconsin
One of the best fishing lakes in wisconsin also 4th largest inland lake in wisconsin too.
- shane pesell from rolling meadows, Illinois
Fished Castle Rock late January and caught some exceptional perch (12-15 inches). I have fished all over the U.S. for perch and walleye and the perch I pulled from that lake were amoung the best. Key is finding them and using proper bait. Took a while to conquer however when you do fishing is fanominal.
- Lorn Anschutz from Kenosha, Wisconsin
Caught some monster smallmouth bass on the main lake. The backwaters are weedy and never hold fish. I really like the walleye fishing that this lake offers.
- Jeff Buckingham from Hebron, Wisconsin
greatest party lake in north america....coolies,cut off jean shorts,mustaches and 80's music make a great day in the fun sun.
- nick and friends from milwaukee, Wisconsin
It is a beautiful lake, but the increase in wave runners and powerful, large boats is sure adding to the noise, and detracting from good fishing.
- Earl Reichel from Appleton, Wisconsin
Smallies Numerous But Small. White Bass Not As Good As I Once Remember
- Moe from Kenosha,wi
This Lake Is Very Beautiful And It Has Great Fish!!!!
- Robert from Sac, California
River Channel Go To The Edges
- Rigor from Janesville Wis
Killer Eye Lake,big Crappies Too
- Fishhead from Kenosha Wi
Great Fishing Lake.
- Art Sobanski from Friendship Wisconsin
Winter Water Is Hard.
- Bill Kasmeerski from Fib Lander
Always A Good TRIP.......GREAT Walleye Fishing !!!
- Dave Wessels from Rockford. Ill.
Great Producer Of Smallmouth And Walleyes And Crappies. Lindy Rigs And Slip Bobbers Work The Best.
- Tim Gumina from Hustisford,wisc.
Can Catch Almost Any Species Here, Had A Ball, Can´t Wait To Return.
- Erik Reed from Oregon, Il