Trollers Rediscover Their Sensitive Side
But those descriptive words aren't only expressing the way walleyes strike; which is often so subtle they can snatch a whole crawler from a spinner-rig without as much as a tap. The same thieving fish is also capable of gobbling a crankbait, then swimming along at the same speed you're motoring, all the while never leaving a clue.
But have no fear, St. Croix is here with their newest run of Eyecon trolling rods, infused with so much design intelligence that trollers will tap their sensitive side and feel every strike and weed-wrapped bait they've been missing all these years.
Whether you troll crankbaits, big-bladed crawler harnesses or spoons, there's an Eyecon trolling rod built for the occasion. And for 2017, St. Croix adds five fresh, flawlessly engineered models to the Eyecon family, ranging from 5- to 10-feet.
As for those exclusive telescoping Eyecons, they were developed to get compact, fitting snuggly in your rod locker when not in use. Another distinctive feature is the strategically-placed stripper guide between the reel and first guide where so much trolling-torque occurs. To that, the new telescoping Eyecon trolling rods offer the industry's first modus to stop the slide of the inner tip section before the stripper smacks into the female ferrule; which will eventually destroy the wrap, guide and blank. St. Croix calls it Telestop™. You'll call it genius.
And speaking of blanks, all Eyecon trolling rods are crafted from a fusion of SCII graphite and SCI glass, to provide ultimate in sensitivity and superior strength. This means the tips of every rod will respond to each waggle of a 'crank, every roll of a blade and quiver of a spoon. Nevertheless, they have the perfect taper in the blank's mid- and butt sections to supply solid hook sets. And all are adorned with Kigan Master Hand 3D guides featuring slim, strong aluminum-oxide rings with black frames, completed with two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish for supplemental strength…and sexiness.
All Eyecons are covered by a 5-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service. Retail ranges from $110 to $150.
Eyecon Trolling Rod Features:
- Premium-quality SCII graphite
- Trolling models feature SCII graphite and SCI glass
- Technique-specific walleye series designed and built for superior performance
- Kigan Master Hand 3D guides featuring slim, strong aluminum-oxide rings with black frames
- Fuji® IPS reel seat /black hood on spinning models
- Fuji® ECS reel seat/black hood on casting model
- Fuji® TCS reel seat/black hood on trolling models
- Split-grip /premium-grade cork handle with EVA trim
- High-quality EVA handle on trolling models
- Two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish
- 5-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service