St. Croix Reveals a Library of Innovative Croix Custom Ice Rods
Park Falls, WI - Ice fishing has evolved in truly revolutionary ways during the past decade. Gone are the days of sitting on a pail for hours at a time, jigging with a "rod" that had more in common with a broomstick than with a precision angling instrument. The contemporary ice enthusiast is mobile, hunting for fish rather than waiting passively for finned targets to swim by. Far-flung destinations, boasting hardwater targets of gargantuan proportions, draw anglers further north and west in search of ice-bound glory. Advances in shelters and apparel make it possible to fish in extreme conditions that rapidly reveal weaknesses in both equipment and angler.Croix Custom Ice, an entire library of the most advanced ice fishing rods ever produced, each designed and manufactured in Park Falls, Wisconsin, USA.
The Croix Custom Ice collection includes 10 spinning models built on five distinct blank platforms, in both solid and tubular configurations. These blanks include Solid Carbon (SC), Solid Glass (SG), Tubular Carbon (TC), Tubular Carbon/Glass (TCG) and Tubular Carbon Fused to Glass (TCFG). With lengths, powers, and actions suitable for every hardwater target, Croix Custom Ice rods have earned a place in your ice fishing arsenal.
Sensitive and durable Solid Glass blanks form the backbone of two 28-inch Croix Custom Ice rods, each a great multi-species selection when fishing in a shelter: the light power, extra-fast action CI28LXF and the medium-light power, extra-fast action CI28MLXF.Croix Custom Ice offerings that are excellent choices for the hole-hopping angler: the 32-inch CI32MF and the 36-inch CI36MF.
Build durability into your mobile presentations with Tubular Carbon/Glass blanks, featured in three Croix Custom Ice rods. These include two medium-light power, fast action rods: the 28-inch CI28MLF and the 32-inch CI32MLF. The Tubular Carbon/Glass blank is also available in the CI42MHM, a 42-inch, medium-heavy power, moderate action rod designed with pike and lake trout enthusiasts in mind.
Five distinct blank technologies are only the beginning of the Croix Custom Ice story. Indeed, each rod is uniquely designed and engineered to exceed the expectations of the most demanding hardwater anglers. Key features of the Croix Custom Ice rods include:
- Proprietary blank technology built into each model for extreme performance.
- Solid Carbon (SC material)
- Solid Glass (SG material)
- Tubular Carbon (TC material)
- Tubular Carbon / Glass (TCG material)
- Tubular Carbon Fused to Glass (TCFG material)
- REC Recoil guides with black pearl finish.
- Split-grip/super-grade cork handle.
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish.
- 5-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
- Technique-specific ice series features unrivaled technology and performance.
- SC & SG models: Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, U.S.A. (with domestic and foreign materials).
- TC, TCG & TCFG models: Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, USA.