New Imperial Salt Fly Rods at ICAST
Park Falls, WI – Serious salty flyrodders are always working on their mechanics. From practicing double-hauls and driving big streamers into the wind, to rolling over a crab pattern so it consistently lands with the kind of gentle precision that keeps wary permit at ease, veteran casters constantly seek to fine-tune their performance. But good mechanics aren't always enough to achieve optimal results; great casters need great gear. With the introduction of St. Croix's new Imperial Salt series of fly rods, fly anglers can now cast to their potential – and perhaps beyond – at an affordable price.
Tudor went right to the top in his testing of the Imperial Salt 10-wt (IS9010.4). "I targeted tarpon with the 10-wt. Imperial Salt and it performed flawlessly," he says. "This rod had enough backbone to turn an angry tarpon, and its butt section clearly had the lifting power to get the job done."
Finished in an attractive and stealthy aquamarine, the new St. Croix Imperial Salt series is designed to blend into any saltwater environment. Non-glare reel seats and stripper guides further enhance these rods' covert aesthetics, which exude quality from every angle.
"I know what I like when it comes to fly rods, and I know what works out on the water," sums-up Tudor. "When you bring the technologies and quality components together with the decades of experience St. Croix has in rod building, it makes for an extraordinary product. These rods are going to impress and make a lot of saltwater fly anglers very happy."
Imperial Salt Fly FEATURES:
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) mandrel technology.
- Premium, high-modulus SCIII carbon.
- Slim-profile ferrules.
- Sea Guide® PVD coated stripper guides with zirconia rings and deep drawn frames.
- Sea Guide® PVD coated snake guides for extra hardness and increased smoothness.
- Uplocking, machined-aluminum reel seat.
- Premium-grade cork handle.
- Sea Guide® PVD coated hook-keeper.
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish.
- Rugged rod case with handle and divided polypropylene liner.
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
- Lightweight, fast action fly rods designed for saltwater.
- Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, U.S.A.