Big Cats on the Prowl
Park Falls, WI - Warm sun-filled days coupled with crisp, cool nighttime temperatures start bringing tempertures down on Arkansas's Lake Ouachita. With it, leaves begin tourning, imparting the annual telltale sign that catfish are going on the prowl.
The fish can feel the fall transformation, too, and their behaviors start to change. Shad begin stampeding into coves and creek channels. Big fish are on the hunt, feeding to put on their winter weight.
And this same phenomenon happens on reservoirs and rivers from coast to coast.St. Croix Mojo Cat, to be more specific.
Winner of Field & Stream's Best Catfish Rod in 2016, Mojo Cat rods provide exceptional strength and lifting power, plus enhanced sensitivity and tip flex. The rods are built on blanks with a dynamic blend of premium SCII graphite and 100-percent linear S-Glass and are perfect for grappling a 50-plus pound blues and overweight flatheads.
A successful autumn cat pattern involves a nice sized shad or cut baitfish on a ½-ounce jig head. Motor or paddle in along the rocky shoreline, bouncing just off the bottom, dropping and lifting as you slide along the drop. If there's a cat hanging on the rocks or on the prowl, you're sure to find him.
Both 7-foot medium power, fast action casting (MCC70MF) and spinning (MCS70MF) rods are rated for 10- to 25-pound test and ½- to 3-ounces of weight - tailor made for medium-duty channel catfish applications. The 7-foot 6-inch (MCC76HF) casting rod perfectly matches drift fishing approaches, including walking bait in rivers. And at 8-feet in length, the extra-heavy power (MCC80XHF) casting rod is ready to waylay the next world-record, beefy enough to handle 50- to 100-pound test line and up to 32-ounces of weight (or the equivalent of a 1-pound skipjack fillet plus a 16-ounce sinker.) Lastly, for packing small but biting big are a pair of 2-piece, 8-foot medium power models (MCC80MF2-casting and MCS80MF2-spinning).
- Blanks built with a dynamic blend of premium-quality SCII graphite and super premium, 100% linear S-glass
- Built specifically for devoted channel, flathead and blue catfish anglers
- Kigan Master Hand 3D guides featuring slim, strong aluminum-oxide rings with black frames
- Fuji® ECS reel seat with black hood on casting models
- Fuji® DPS reel seat with black hoods on spinning models
- Premium-grade cork handle
- Kigan hook-keeper
- Two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish
- 5-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service