Frequently Asked Questions About Subscriptions
- What is "subscribing" to a Fishing Report of Message Board Thread?
- If you are interested in a particular fishing report or topic on the Message Boards you can receive an email notification of a new posting by subscribing to that particular thread.
- How do I subscribe to a Fishing Report of Message Board Thread?
- SubscribeSubscribing is simple. Just go to the Fishing Report or Message thread you are interested in and click the "Subscribe" button located near the top of the postings which looks like the button below:
- How do I Unsubscribe?
- You can unsubscribe at any time. You can do so by coming to this page or if you visit the thread your are subscribed to, just click the "Unsubscribe" button located near the top of the postings. You can also manage all your subscriptions by going to your Account Management section.
- What does it mean to subscribe to "reports only"?
- This option only applies to the Fishing Report boards. You will only receive email notifications when a user submits a posting that they mark as a "fishing report". You will not receive any notices for posts not marked as a "fishing report".
- What is "Follow User"?
- This is where you subscribe to an individual user's posts; not the entire topic and everyone's posts. Say for example you only want to get notifications for user "Joe Schmoe" on Lake Geneva then you will only get a notice when "Joe Schmoe" posts on the Lake Geneva fishing report board. You can also limit it to just "fishing reports" posted by "Joe Schmoe" and then you will not receive notifications for non-fishing reports posted by him.
Another option available to "Follow User" is that you can subscribe to an individual "globally". What this means is that you will receive a notification whenever that user makes a posting no matter what topic they are posting on. Say for example you subscribe to ALL of "Joe Schmoe's" postings. This means you will get an email notice when he makes a posting on the Lake Geneva Fishing Report board or the Lake Delavan Fishing Report board or any other topic they post on.
- How do I Follow a User?
- To Follow to an individual all you need to do is click the "FOLLOW USER" link that is located to the right of their handle/name by any one of their postings. When you click on that link you will be taken to a page where you can define what options you wish to set for that user.
- How do I unsubscribe from individual subscriptions?
- You can manage all your subscriptions by going to your Account Management section.