Heidecke Lake Special Regulations
Grundy County, Illinois
Below are special fishing regulations for Heidecke Lake as regulated by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. For complete fishing regulations for Illinois click here.
Please note that the special regulations above my be revised at any time by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources without notice. For complete fishing regulations check with your local DNR
- All Fish - 2 Pole and Line Fishing only
- All live bait in excess of 8" must be rigged with a quick set rig
- Black, White or Hybrid Crappie - 15 Fish Daily Creel Limit
- Channel Catfish - 6 Fish Daily Creel Limit
- Large or Smallmouth Bass - 12" to 18" protected slot (no possession) 1 over 18" and 2 under 12" daily creel limit
- Pure Muskellunge - 48" Minimum Length Limit
- Recreational Use Restrictions - Heidecke Lake shall be closed to all fishing and boat traffic except for legal waterfowl hunters from 10 days prior to duck season through the day before duck season and is closed to all fishing during waterfowl season commencing with regular duck season through the close of the Canada goose and regular duck season.
- Striped, White or Hybrid Striped Bass - 10 Creel/3 Fish 17" or Longer Daily
- Walleye, Sauger or Hybrid Walleye - 16" Minimum Length Limit
- Walleye, Sauger or Hybrid Walleye - 3 Fish Daily Creel Limit