LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Women & Fishing

Looking for a great fishing lake close to home!

12/22/18 @ 1:03 PM
INITIAL POST
The Muskie Kid
PRO MEMBER User since 12/11/02

Hi, I'm retired first-responder and a Vietnam era veteran, my wife is a retired too, after thirty years at 'Ma Bell!'  We love to fish!  Were looking for a recommendation for a great fishing lake, 400-800 acres, for crappie, big bluegills, walleye, musky, etc, with a cabin very close to the lakefront, no hills, private rental or small resort and resturant nearby and a small pontoon or fishing boat and motor rental, no farther than 2-3 hours max, from the Northern Illinois state line, in September for 3-4 days? Appreciate any suggestions! Thank you very much.   

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
3/21/19 @ 7:50 PM
eyelooking
eyelooking
User since 2/28/05

Lake Geneva in Walworth County! #Navionics

2/18/19 @ 9:09 PM
dodger
dodger
User since 9/3/01

Are you outdoors people ? We live in Central Wisconsin. I can make it to Milwaukee in 2.5 hours. 

We have everything here you could ask for as an outdoor person. the beautiful Wisconsin river, hunting for deer, bears, turkeys, ducks, geese, predators and small game. Biking, skiing, snowmobiling, 4 wheeling and more. 

I have caught Muskies, walleyes, and panfish in both the river and on local lakes. 

What else are you looking for ?

2/10/19 @ 1:33 PM
eyelooking
eyelooking
User since 2/28/05

Lake Mendota in Madison, Wisconsin

#Navionics

12/25/18 @ 6:05 PM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18

Mississippi river backwaters. Pool 8,P9 or pool 10.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE