Going to the bathroom on a small boat?

6/14/08 @ 9:57 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Redrose4u2
Redrose4u2
USER since 11/16/06
Turboman...Check out this thread on the Women & Fishing Forum: "When on ice, do you hold it or what? I'm sure you'll be able to get some information on this topic for your wife. It's good to see you both getting out and fishing. Enjoy your time together on the water.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 35 Posts
1/22/09 @ 7:29 AM
gobrewers
gobrewers
USER since 2/3/07
If you're on ice...kick everyone out of the shanty. Smile

I agree on the five gallon pail...although in smaller boats, who wants to bring that? Folgers coffee and some other brands have those plastic coffee containers with the handle. When packing for a trip, I usually store the toilet paper right inside the container. Then on the boat, you have everything handy. It takes some gettin used to, but once you go a few times in a boat, it's not too strange anymore.

Post Your Comment
1/21/09 @ 4:32 PM
sweet_wihunter
sweet_wihunter
USER since 1/21/09
i would have to agree that the best way to go to the bathroom on a boat would be a 5 gallon pail. its wat i use. the skirt or blanket thing would definately work.

Post Your Comment
1/19/09 @ 8:47 PM
z71booner
z71booner
USER since 1/14/07
purchase one of those boat/hunting pee containers (they've got an attachment fo rwomen) then buy a cheap skirt that she can quick pull up over the top of whatever she's wearing, she can pee, and no one can see.

Post Your Comment
1/19/09 @ 8:47 PM
z71booner
z71booner
USER since 1/14/07
a long skirt, sorry.

Post Your Comment
12/13/08 @ 6:01 AM
Down2erth
Down2erth
USER since 6/21/01
Sounds like Route66 has the ticket...If you can find a pail with a lid and just cut an opening outa that, a little easier on the bum...Good luck to the young lady, bless her heart for wanting to be out there with you...

Post Your Comment
12/12/08 @ 9:42 PM
Route66
Route66
USER since 6/22/01
We used to have parties on the pontooon and we carried a 5 gallon pail and a blanket. When someone had to go others would hold the blanket around them. Lots of privacy.

Route 66

Post Your Comment
9/4/08 @ 6:39 AM
Night crawler
Night crawler
USER since 3/30/02
Ladys try a milk pitcher from kwick trip . Its free!!!

Post Your Comment
7/19/08 @ 7:32 PM
fishin'girl
fishin'girl
USER since 10/1/03
I use an empty joint compound bucket. I like it because it's got a handle so I can tether it to the seat posts for easy access, quick drying and because it's not too big and not too small.

Post Your Comment
7/19/08 @ 8:56 AM
coreyloves to fish
coreyloves to fish
USER since 6/30/08
hello my wife gose out with me alot on the boat she uses a 5 gallon bucket to pony in u could try it for her

Post Your Comment
6/16/08 @ 8:40 AM
Zebco33
Zebco33
USER since 5/1/07
Turboman,

If your boat is small, like a 12' or 14', a coffee can might be a bit easier. Also a gallon milk jug with the cap in place and the bottom cut out. A container with a handle is helpful. She can rest her bottom on the seat edge and hold or place the can down below. By resting on the seat edge, it will help her keep her balance. This is what I do.

I'm glad to hear she desires to go with you! I'm sure you'll add a few more priceless memories to your bank! Good luck and have fun.

Zebco

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 35 Posts