SEARCH
MORE
Women & Fishing

A place for my wife to take me fishing!

1/23/18 @ 11:03 AM
INITIAL POST
The Muskie Kid
PRO MEMBER User since 12/11/02

Hello Ladies, My wife loves to fish, so do I.  I'm getting older, and need some suggestions, recommendations for a great, (smaller, 500-600 acre) South-Central Wisconsin fishing lake, no more than 2-3 hours NORTH in Wisconsin from the Illinois boarder, where she can have a shot at finding the 'Big MO' of bluegills, crappie, walleye.)  Just can't do the Boulder, Minocqua, Hayward, Namakagon drive anymore!

Looking for a 4 night rental w/small boat and motor, 2-3 bedroom log cabin (would be amazing!) CLOSE TO lakefront, no hills, no more than 2-3 hours max, (boat & motor extra.)  (No pets - no kids with us.)  A nice Wis., supper-club nearby would be great too!  Spring to mid June, 2018!  Any help or comments?  Thank you!      

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
1/26/18 @ 8:45 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Here you are MK!  2.5 to 3 hours from the state line.

Waupaca Chain of Lakes

Click on the "where to stay tab"

1/24/18 @ 12:01 PM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

The Shores on Fox lake has some decent rental cabins. They actually own the yellow cabin on the north side of the road across from them. It is waterfront and has its own dock. You can rent a boat from fish tales in town. They rent pontoons or small fishing boats. The shores is a nice restaurant with steak and seafood and has a nice supper club feel. There is also the boathouse bar and grill right down the road with burgers and pizza. Fox lake is a 2500 acre lake but is very manageable. Good crappie and blue gill fishing. Walleye are decent numbers but can be hard to get at times. Largemouth population is excellent and you will usually hook into a couple northern while fishing. It is about 2 hours north of the border. 

1/23/18 @ 4:07 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

With the 2-3 hour from the border restriction, you're really limiting yourself as it seems there aren't that many lakes the size you're looking for that would have the amenities you're looking for. I get that the drive to the promised land can get long and tedious, but to get what you're looking for, it might be a requirement. For my trip to MN with my dad and his buddies, we split the drive up into two days and stay overnight a couple hours from the destination, so that could be an option if you have the means and desire to get to that area still. 

There are some places on the Wolf River/Winnebago chain that might suit your needs, though. Partridge Lake is connected to the Wolf River and you then have miles upon miles of water to try fishing. Blue Top Resort is on the lake. There's also Pine Grove Resort and Red Banks on the river/bayous. Might be a couple more too.  

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE