SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Yellow glasses

10/23/18 @ 9:01 AM
INITIAL POST
Lund forever
User since 1/21/08

Do yellow glasses help for shooting in low light (like the end of the day)?  Do clip  on versions work with regular glasses?  My old eyes just don't work as well as they used to.  Lund

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
11/3/18 @ 10:37 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

There is a scientific reason and it has to do with blue light and haze. Remember Blu-blockers? The orange tint eliminated blue color. Yellow is better for low light and, like the contrast settings on your TV; makes edges and foliage scenes pop. Maybe scope companies should have filters that snap onto the end over the lens just like film cameras used to. As light fades I'm a fan of letting all the light thru so, I flip my light brown polarized clip-ons up and out of the way.

10/24/18 @ 5:06 AM
fetch-um-up
PRO MEMBER User since 2/19/06

I've used yellow tinted lenses for several years for hunting at dawn and dusk.  I think it really helps with contrast in low light.  I've had some luck taking an older,  clear pair of prescript glasses to optometrist and having them tinted...... Usually$25-30....

10/23/18 @ 10:57 AM
PINTAIL2
User since 10/5/06
I usually wear my shooting glasses on overcast days. It really brightens up the woods and makes a huge difference. I don't wear them too often on sunny days though.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE