SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Tanning deer hides

12/9/18 @ 4:42 PM
INITIAL POST
Lundguy2
User since 4/22/15
Does anyone tan deer hides anymore in SE WI, I used to take mine to WB place in Hartford but believe they are closed, just thought I'd like to have one tanned this year like I did years ago...
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
12/11/18 @ 3:14 PM
Lundguy2
User since 4/22/15
Guess I'll wait and see what I do till I have the hide off...I have it hanging in the garage to age a bit...plan is to make up steaks and chops on Sat...it's been a few years so we'll see how well I get the hide off.  Just kinda bummed WB place is closed since now I am 5 mins from them.
12/10/18 @ 5:49 PM
Rich P.
User since 9/1/16

If you don't mind shipping your hides. Yost fur dressing in Sturgeon Bay does hair off tanning and Wolf River tannery in Shiocton, WI does it with the hair on.

12/10/18 @ 3:27 PM
Lundguy2
User since 4/22/15
"hair on or off" not sure at this point, I have 2 with the hair on and a bear skin handing on the stair ballister, but the deer are old and the hair is falling off.  I have a few that I did fur off in hopes of having something made out of them...to be honest it's been a few years since I was lucky to get a deer, just got a little one this past weekend and it's hanging in the garage till I cut it up this weekend
12/9/18 @ 8:30 PM
Rich P.
User since 9/1/16

Are you looking for the hair on or off?

12/9/18 @ 8:03 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

I don't think there are left in Berlin either .

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE