Jerk move.

11/28/17 @ 6:09 AM
ORIGINAL POST
pike eyes
pike eyes
USER since 12/28/10

Quit crying. If it was the DNR you deserved it, If it was someone trying to hunt leagally in that same area You deserved it. That simple. Stay within the law and things like this wouldn't happen.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 114 Posts
12/8/17 @ 11:22 AM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

...and we all know it's impossible to kill a deer unless you're sitting in a ladder stand. ??

Post Your Comment
12/8/17 @ 10:17 AM
Fishsqueezer
Fishsqueezer
USER since 5/19/06

The situation was addressed by modifying the blanket rule by allowing two tree stands per customer number on state owned lands north of highway 64. But why stop there? I think it’s rediculous that hunters have to drag a deer out, usually well after dark, scarring god knows how many deer away. Plus it’s just plain dangerous. We need to address the ATV situation so hunters can drive them anywhere with impunity like the private land hunters can do. It’s all about equal opportunity, right? 

Post Your Comment
12/8/17 @ 9:40 AM
jkb
jkb
USER since 6/25/02

I’m sure everyone would love to have their own private land but that is not a reality for most people.  Cost, availabity and proximity to your primary residence are all factors that many of you don’t even consider.  You feel holier than thou because you hunt private and follow all the rules.  You don’t take time to even consider the safety factor of putting a stand in in complete darkness during opening morning or that it will spook every deer in a half mile radius.  Yes maybe climbers are a bit more mobile but I have had bad experiences with them failing and don’t want to risk my life again.  

With that mentality, no one on public land would have an equal opportunity at harvesting deer.  I know that many would take advantage of the situation.  We must come up with a plan to address that situation rather than make a blanket rule that affects almost every public land hunter negatively.  

Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 9:34 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

This sort of got hilarious.  I can tell there are the southern part hunters who probably can't leave anything on public lands and the northern part hunters who can legally do so in many places.  You all butt heads and never point out where you hunt, makes it kind of comical.  Always lots of incorrect assumptions with these threads.

National Forest - legal

State land north of 64 - This was recently allowed

County lands - Rules vary by county.

MFL Open - illegal

Not that hard if you just look up rules.....  Like was said earlier, its more likely legal in the north because of lower hunter densities.

Edited on 12/7/17 9:35 AM
Post Your Comment
12/7/17 @ 8:07 AM
Brad
Brad
USER since 6/19/01

The simple fact of the matter is this - placing private property on public land CAN lead to a feeling of ownership and CAN create conflict.  Not everyone that wants to leave a stand on public property is a jerk, or would fail to behave properly if another person showed up in the area.  But I shouldn't have to worry about those that would.

Carry it in.  Carry it out.  Or buy your own.

Post Your Comment
12/6/17 @ 10:55 PM
icebelt
icebelt
USER since 10/22/13

I see this mentality brewing that if a person owns land he should be bound to it. Another words not able to hunt PUBLIC LAND, let alone shoot doe or anything for that matter.

Post Your Comment
12/6/17 @ 10:00 PM
LyleP
LyleP
USER since 6/27/09

Hans now you too.  Just don't get it.  I never said I put up multiple stands and cut shooting lanes.  I said that are circumstances that leaving a portable should be allowed.  But folks like yourself are close minded.  I hate slobs also,  always picking up after people.  Guess this is not a place for an honest discussion because folks like you just see everything how you want.  That' not sportsman like.  Stay on your land and enjoy.  Incredible, no patience for this anymore.

Post Your Comment
12/6/17 @ 8:36 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Lyle, I have hunted 8 sq. mile tracts in NW WI close to my uncle's farm. There are some fire lanes but very few and far between.  They exist.  Just gotta find them.  Luckily, I just hunt the farm the last few years as we have good sign.  No traffic and an old tractor with a bucket to help with the extraction when I get one.

The tracts are located at....schhhh, schhh, I'm,,,I'm losing, are you there?...schhh, losing signal!

Post Your Comment
12/6/17 @ 8:32 PM
jkb
jkb
USER since 6/25/02

Lol , you hunted BOTH National Forests?  WOW you obviously know every square mile of public land in Wisconsin.  

Meadow Valley wildlife area.  There was an old logging road into the area but was gated off 12 years before.  North of Hwy 173 and south of Cty EW.  You are welcome to the area.  Less than 1/2 hour from BRF.   Lots of wolves now but not many deer.

Edited on 12/6/17 8:46 PM
Post Your Comment
12/6/17 @ 8:04 PM
LyleP
LyleP
USER since 6/27/09

Jkb where in WI is there an 8 square mile area that doesn't have a logging road?  I have hunted both National Forests and can't say I've seen that.  Guess I will have to study the Gazetter harder.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 114 Posts