DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Jerk move.

11/28/17 @ 6:09 AM
pike eyes
User since 12/28/10

Quit crying. If it was the DNR you deserved it, If it was someone trying to hunt leagally in that same area You deserved it. That simple. Stay within the law and things like this wouldn't happen.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 123 posts
9/20/18 @ 7:58 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Manni, you crack me up! 

That was funny! 

9/20/18 @ 6:21 PM
LyleP
User since 6/27/09

Reminds me of when I was a youngster by Clam Lake.  Walked as far as was comfortable to not get lost and sat down.  An hour later a voice from above in a big pine says you gonna sit there all day?  At first I thought God was trying to tell me there were deer over the next hill.  But then I realized guy was just watching me for something to do.  We laughed and I left.  Never thought to look up deer aren't in trees and we never hunted elevaded for gun season.

9/20/18 @ 8:34 AM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Some guys just don't want to give up "their " spot .  Years ago , 40 or more a guy I used to hunt with was out . Nature called , so he leaned his gun against a tree and dropped  trou  . When finished , he hears a noise above him . Looked up and there was a guy in the tree !! This was before mandatory orange and it was a brushy tree .  

Still not sure if the guy wanted to watch , or wanted to try an entirely different buck lure , but he had not made a sound until the pants went back up .

9/19/18 @ 7:31 PM
LyleP
User since 6/27/09
Pike that is too bad, he should have just kept moving.  What do you do when you both arrive carrying your stands?  Flip a coin or sit back to back?  That could be a new thread LOL
9/19/18 @ 10:20 AM
PikePro33
PikePro33
User since 2/8/10

A couple years ago I hunted some public by waupaca.   I drive there after working 12 hour nights and walked in on the dark.   Picked out a tree and climbed up.   Just as it was getting light enough to see a guy came walking in.   I gestured to him so he would see me and hopefully move to another area.   He didnt.   He began to reprimand me for sitting in his spot.   Shined his light on his climber he left at the base of a tree nearby.   I told him I didn't see it and never hunter here before.   He kept on.   I decided to climb down and leave cuz I already knew this hunt was ruined.   I made sure to make a racket while packing up to make sure any deer in the area would be on there way away from here.

I dont care if people leave their gear out but dont be mad if someone is there before you, uses it, or takes it.

9/18/18 @ 10:42 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

You are not wrong about bear baiting.  If anything it shows how people change their opinions based on the animal being hunted.

Remember though too that there is no 1 rule for leaving treestands.  Each type of public land has their own rules.  Some its perfectly fine, some its illegal.  Usually when this conversation is had, people don't specify the land type so its a total crapshoot of opinions, half of which don't even apply to the actual situation.

9/15/18 @ 12:17 PM
LyleP
User since 6/27/09

Yep everyone hates this, but its ok for making a bear bait.  Doesn't that claim an area?  If someone wants to leave a stand let them if someone else uses it so be it.  Or they can just climb tree next to me.  It does not mean an area is claimed.  Law must get changed.  And for those saying they are not going to follow the new cwd rules.  Isn't that against the law as much as leaving a stand?  Actually had potential to do more harm.

4/30/18 @ 7:30 PM
Red Eagle
User since 12/17/16

I see this thread is entitled "Jerk Move". The only "Jerk Move" is the guy illegally putting his stand up and claiming that area before season starts. That's the Jerk move if I've ever seen one.

12/13/17 @ 3:20 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

LS, I don’t think it sounds bad, nor do I find your comment judgmental. I’d do the same. That’s what our over the top PC society does to people, making you feel like you are doing something wrong by telling the truth or saying how you feel. You weren’t demeaning anyone, just relaying your own, real observations. 

IMO it’s also a safety concern.

12/13/17 @ 2:10 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Speaking of squirrel hunting, that is one negative about public land bow hunting.  I know this sounds bad but if I see a Toyota, I move on to a new spot.  That is a big indicator of the type of hunting taking place there.  I play the odds, 90% of the time I'm right.  Pew pew pew.  I swear they must shoot 50 times for 2 squirrels. 

My dad has squirrel hunters on private land he hunts too.  They carry both a gun and bow so they can shoot anything.  Property lines LOL, sure.

12/13/17 @ 1:45 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Squirrel hunting during the deer season on private,  only in WI

12/13/17 @ 1:11 PM
LyleP
User since 6/27/09

Thanks,  yes all huntable has three 5 acre fields,  bordering properties are 600 and 200 acre ownership.  I know Tigerton is nuts as my brothers property boarders some.  He has wonders all the time.  They can't seem to figure out the lot line is a creek LOL.  Usually squirrel hunters.

12/13/17 @ 1:05 PM
alcrumpler
User since 7/19/09
I was scouting some public both waupaca an outi county this year. Gun seen ladder stands on both no name nothing.so i desided no one being around id shimmy up check the veiw good placement i thought as i was sitting their noticed a deer sqeezed off a round dropped it as i was dragging it out passed a guy walking in he says to me o you got a nice one an asked were i was hunting so i went on to tell him their is a nice ladder stand down their no name or tag on it he say to me that it his in a kinda angry way i told him thanks he says it been their since bow an hasnt hunted it for awhile.tryed telling me the stand was private he didnt care if it was public that stand was private he only hunts it when he isnt seeing anything on his land i chuckled kept on my way i figured if you cant do it rite why bother i figured it was abandoned might as well get alittle use out of it as i walked away told him he may want to put a tag on it so dnr doesnt claim it next .waupaca again stolling threw the wood see another one same thing but so i figured worked once why not try it again no name nothing bang deer walks threw this time i shoot start tracking deer drops with in 30yrd of my truck in the ditch best hunt on public iv had in years once again thought to myself why do people put in all this work an dont finish it the rite way .moral of story is if its not marked an cant fallow the rules why even put it out.people need to follow up on these things or you might be that guy . but i must say excellent choice of spot for a stand. Lucky im not one of those guys who takes these but i sure will hunt them if its their an not tagtakehow do people no its not abandoned.no tracks no signs of people around either of them most time i just shimmy up to check the train 
12/13/17 @ 11:43 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

that land around Tigerton,  complete nonsense.  All those bone collectors paying that type of money for 40 acre sections.  40 on top of 40 on top of 40 with 2 guys a piece.  that is such a waste of time.  50 guys with the same few big bucks on camera.  If you look up tigerton lumber company area,  it's listed under "over pressured cluster F" in the dictionary.  

Do they shoot some big deer,  yes.  Not worth half of what people are paying.  Great area obviously and I know guys with bigger chunks,  much bigger,  they kill big deer.  The area's with 40's and everyone on the boarders,  it's a joke for the money.  

12/13/17 @ 10:26 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Lyle, that is a very good price - considering most of that 57 acres is "huntable". Meaning there isn't a 30-40 acre field and 15 acres of woods, or swamp that is not accessible. In the past I've paid $3000 - $4000 for 40-50 acre chunks in north central Wisconsin - overpaid yes I know. Leaning more towards the public land hunting in years to come, I have not found the hunting to be worth what I've paid, but there are definitely pieces out there. That would be one of them by the price and acreage. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 123 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE