how was your hunt?

11/30/15 @ 7:10 AM
ORIGINAL POST
fishballs
fishballs
USER since 4/8/04
my lease in northern outagamie cty didnt produce any bucks this year. i only saw 8 does and i believe the wolf river being at flood stage put the kabosh on our hunt. we couldnt hunt our swamp stands after opening day due to crotch deep water that kept rising through out the week. im thinking the high water pushed the deer out as they were nowhere to be found and not even hitting bait. we had lots of deer and some nice bucks on cam in early november so its real frustrating. i didnt hear alot of shooting after saturday either so my guess is the final tally will be down?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
12/3/15 @ 1:21 PM
870man
870man
USER since 2/13/02
Green Lake Cty. Out of 7 sits I never saw a deer. Had them on camera from midnight to 4:00am. Always next year. nn Private land

Post Your Comment
12/2/15 @ 9:42 PM
Fresh Air
Fresh Air
USER since 1/21/12
Hunted in Shawano county, didn't see a lot of deer this season. Did manage to get a nice 8 pointer Sunday evening. Out of 5 of us ended up with 3 bucks and 1 doe. I think one of the reasons for lack of seeing many deer was that bucks may have been bedded up with doe. Heard from others around they started to see more deer at the end of the week. Also as you all know that after an opening morning of shots ringing out many deer become quite nocturnal. Proof being that as I was heading back to cabin at closing saw many deer making their way out into the corn fields. Anyways always a blessing to be out in the woods and up at deer camp. Looks like its going to be a late start to ice fishing this winter. Gonna have to find something to fill the void of enjoying the outdoors. Blessings All!

Post Your Comment
12/2/15 @ 9:52 AM
icefitchin
icefitchin
USER since 12/13/03
Didn't get to hunt opening day because of the weather. Had to go into work to plow snow. I was pretty bummed, because it was the first opening day I'd ever missed.

The deer gods worked with me tho. Got a doe Sunday night, and my personal best ( 10 Point ) on Wednesday night. Turned out to be a good season.

Post Your Comment
11/30/15 @ 12:07 PM
Budman
Budman
USER since 8/17/01
I shot a 10 pointer opening afternoon, Waupaca County.

Post Your Comment