Due to various reasons, my days of hugging a tree as my only way to hunt are waning and I purchased 2 fully enclosed box blinds with foldable windows that I am preparing for next year.  I have never hunted out of ones of these before and I am curious, do I need to worry about wind direction like I do in a tree stand or ground blind?  My gut tells me I still do, but it won't be as much of a factor.  If I don't need to at all, I have some unique placed I would like to set up that I have not been able to place due to prevailing West winds I get in this area in the fall. 

In one particular place, I have a ridge where I would like to place a blind. My food plot will be only 20 yards from where I would like the blind.  Would I be able to hunt this with a downwind into the foodplot? 

Those who have hunted out of blinds, do you find when deer are downwind you don't get busted?  I am really careful with my stand selection for the day and in 25+ hunts last year, was only winded twice.  Both times were old does who picked me out in the tree, circled down wind and busted me via their nose.  One is in the freezer.