Strange but true. I was walking my 8 month old French Brittany pup "Kenny" in the woods by my house last week along with our Australian Sheppard "Buzz". We usually make a circle each day of about a half mile. Kenny came past me and went off the trail and over a small hill about half way around and disappeared from my sight. Moments later he started yelping and crying like crazy and I started running towards the sound. As I got over the hill he was about 30 to 40 yards away in the ferns and I could see leaves and ferns being kicked up but could not see what was happening other than he was yelping and I knew he was getting hurt by something. I finally got close enough and saw a Doe attacking him with her hooves. I still could not see him but knew he was trying to get away because everything kept moving and the Doe was kicking and thrashing in a fury. I was yelling at Kenny and then at the deer but she did not stop. I finally got about 15 yards from her and could see Kenny under some brush with her pretty much on top of him pounding with her hooves. At that point she stopped and faced me with her ears laid flat and I thought she was coming at me next. I started looking for a stick or something to defend myself with and about that time just on my right side "Buzz" flew past me and attacked the doe. He was all teeth and was barking right in her face. That stopped her and she backed away from where Kenny was. Buzz is a herding dog and continued to go after her until she finally ran about 20 yards away and stopped. Then I saw Kenny get up and run past me. Buzz stayed on her as she again tried to go after Kenny. Finally she gave up and ran off. Kenny was dirty but ok. Buzz is his hero now. Here is a pic of them. Obviously she had a fawn and was protecting it but I never did see it. I never thought a deer would be that aggressive.