Wisconsin Based Companies You're Proud to Support (Fishing)

7/26/15 @ 9:52 PM
ORIGINAL POST
iceman007
iceman007
USER since 7/2/15
Let's hear 'em folks! I'll edit the post as you add them to compile a master list here. Let's support our homegrown companies when we can! * Kenders Outdoors - www.kendersoutdoors.com - Tungsten Fishing Lures * FRABILL - www.frabill.com - ice houses , tipups , clothing * Uncle Josh's - www.unclejosh.com - numerous fishing brands * Mepps - www.mepps.com - Fishing tackle * Deep Freeze - www.deepfreezefishing.com - Blutipz , One-Shot Ice Skimmer * Panfish Plastics - www.panfishplastics.com - plastics for panfish * St. Croix Rods - www.stcroixrods.com - Fishing rods * B-Y Baits - http://www.b-ybaits.com/ - panfish plastics * Elk River Custom Rods * Eskimo - www.geteskimo.com - Augers , shantie, gear * Golden Hawk Canoes - www.goldenhawkcanoes.com - * Vibrations Tackle * Fin-Tech Fishing * Nelson Creek Outdoors - www.nelsoncreekoutdoors.com - deer & fish attractants * AMS Bowfishing Equipment
Edited on 8/13/15 9:46 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 32 Posts
5/25/16 @ 4:07 PM
Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
MEMBER since 5/17/01

Lake-Link, Inc. 

Post Your Comment
5/25/16 @ 2:48 PM
Capt. Jarrid Houston
Jarrid Houston
MEMBER since 5/24/16

I am a fan of Venom Floats!

Houston's Guide Service
(218) 393-4962
Post Your Comment
3/14/16 @ 11:47 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
St croix rods Brovarney baits

Post Your Comment
12/7/15 @ 10:28 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
crawdaddy, is your neighbor's initials RV?

Post Your Comment
12/4/15 @ 9:39 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Neighbor works for worth. He has an amazing boat. His job is to take out customers and demonstrate the products. Wow, what a gig.

Post Your Comment
12/4/15 @ 10:34 AM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
Miller beer and Musky Innovations!

Post Your Comment
11/27/15 @ 10:44 AM
doohop65
doohop65
USER since 2/23/10
The js article is ridiculous as was pointed out but as much as I disagree with their politics and the pointed nature of the article, they do have a point in the broader issue. The spirit of the law was to allow mfl open to have access for everyone and closed to be closed.

There is no comparison to writing off mortgage interest or claiming a dependent. If their was a loophole and allowed me to claim my sisters child you would have a point but that isn't the case. That being said, If I had the means to own enough land and take advantage of this loop hole I most certainly would but that doesn't change the fact this loop hole is a screwup that needs to be fixed. The legislature's job is to serve the greater good for all and clearly only a few are benefiting in this situation.

Land that is being taxed at reduced rates to allow access for the greater good of Wisconsin residents is not open and the benefit is being taken advantage of. This is clearly a case when the legislature needs to fix a broken situation. These owners should provide access, use mfl closed or get out. Keep in mind, this benefit that is supposed to "buy access" is not accomplishing that and other landowners are paying higher taxes with no benefit.

Post Your Comment
11/27/15 @ 8:28 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
RE: Mepps. One of the reasons I stopped reading the Journal/Sentinel decades ago is how they have narrowly focused their "journalism". I know dozens of individual land owners who do the exact same tax maneuver as Mepps. By designating the most interior of their lands as MFL open and desiganting the exterior lands as MFL closed they receive favorable tax breaks. This is not a matter of individual greed but a matter of how the program is structured. Its not a Mepps issue but a Wiscosnin issue. To single out one individual or one company is simple bigotry and poor journalism.

Post Your Comment
11/26/15 @ 3:28 PM
NRAguy
NRAguy
USER since 6/17/01
HT Enterprises......Campbellsport

Post Your Comment
11/3/15 @ 10:58 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
MRGLAX, and you would do the exact same thing if you had the land and money to do what they did. I know I would.

They used the tax code to their advantage just like I'm sure you do. Do you use the mortgage interest tax credit? Do you claim your children as dependents? If so you're doing the same thing as they are - just using the tax code to your advantage.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 32 Posts