Wi. Family reunion

10/28/15 @ 3:04 PM
ORIGINAL POST
gusgus
gusgus
USER since 6/24/09
Looking for a family reunion next summer on a Wi. lake for about 30 people including kids. Anyone know of a lodge or resort that would have room for that many during the summer? Fall or spring would not work because of school. Thanks for any suggestions. Gus Gus
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
10/30/15 @ 6:41 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I can't believe you're a Beer sneaker Bugle!!!!!!!! What is this world coming too!!!!!! Jeez

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 9:58 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
Our family has had a number of reunions on lakes. Before we bought our own lake property, we used to rent boy scout and church retreat camps to keep costs down. Both usually had bunk houses or dorms and plenty of room to bring in campers and tents. The only negative was that most of these places did not want alcohol on the premises. This is WI after all so we had to hide our beer like we were in high school when the caretakers came around. That was in the late 80's and early 90's so I don't know if these sorts of camps are still willing to rent out their facilities but it might be worth looking into. A-holes like me may have ruined it for everyone with their beer sneaking antics.

One other spot that I see reunions at most weekends in the summer is the Pelican Lake Hotel. It has 19 rooms and can accommodate 40 people. I always though the place looked like a neat place to have a reunion.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p360043

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 7:46 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Are people camping? Half the people camping? Kids camping? Your list will get bigger if you don't need rooms for everyone. I know a couple of places, but not enough rooms, this late in the game for summer coming.

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 6:32 PM
albelora
albelora
USER since 10/21/06
Try Black Bear Lodge in St. Germain or Wild Eagle in Eagle River if you are looking for something a little further away from it all.

Post Your Comment