MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Unnamed Lake Fishing Report

8/22/17 @ 10:52 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Here's a place to post a report, but not name the lake. So, honest reports please...but no need to mention the lake/location. Anybody have a really good day fishing of late? 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 26 posts
11/19/17 @ 9:34 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

So cool to be on the ice today. It's funny, almost every body of water in Vilas/Oneida is not ice fishable, but, for whatever reason, a few are able to be fished. My son caught and released a nice pike today. That was our only fish. It's not that the lake I was on today is an amazing fishery, it's good, but not awesome.....but it's "unnamed" simply because it's one of the only ones with good ice and too small to get a lot of pressure.

9/21/17 @ 10:12 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

That's awesome! I've always wanted to fish a cranberry marsh. A cool place to be and to pick up fish in that environment is awesome. 

9/20/17 @ 10:07 PM
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04

Went out in my canoe on a new cranberry marsh and caught over 20 largemouth Bass on minnow and bobber within 2 hours. One of my best nights. Even better, I was the only one on the marsh. Cranberry marshes are the best.

Unnamed Lake Fishing Report photo by ol sarge
9/7/17 @ 5:08 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Nice! Sounds like a once in a decade type of day. Glad you got a piece of that smallie action!

9/7/17 @ 11:04 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

Had a great smallmouth day last Wednesday,started the day fishing cabbage.Bait fish on the top feeding on a midge hatch,and that brought fish in feeding on them.Landed two walleyes,and 6 crappies one 14in let all go.0 bass so I hit some rock there a light cahill hatch was going on,tried a willow spinnerbait on the first drift lost two nice smallies.The mayflies were small may be size 16 the rises that were going on I thought were small fish.Should have known better, put a small topwater on landed a small 12in bass,that would be small fish for the day.After that I anchord and caught nine bass from 18 to 21in I have never had that kind of luck on one shallow spot before ever.But it did slow I pulled anchor set up a fly rod and fished a bullet head topwater drifting any fish that I saw rising took the bullet head another 10 bass ran a little smaller but I did get one more 20in.All were put back great day. 

9/4/17 @ 9:32 PM
og tower
User since 8/26/12

Water level is on the way up. Caught a few sturgeon 25-40" and a nice cat. Pretty slow bite overall. Current is really going right now. Smoked some salmon caught from lake superior a few weeks back. Good weekend to be on the river bank.

9/2/17 @ 5:04 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

SnakeSter ....beautiful smallie, great markings ...

9/2/17 @ 1:36 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Nice smallie Snakester! 

Fished a secret smaller U.P. lake yesterday not too far off HWY 2. Tough bite. Know there are bass and pike in there, it was my first time trying it. Had water temps from 65 to 70 on the lake. Water cooling for sure.

8/27/17 @ 10:52 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

took a buddy of mine (from the exact center of the state) to a big inland lake, not the biggest but close it to fish for some white bass/walleyes for the frying pan and smoker. Dead calm (I looked around to make sure I was on the right lake), fishing was on fire, lot of small eyes but 40+ white bass and we left...called my cousin and said we have to  hit that again tomorrow, have it marked on my GPS....we fished 2 hours and caught three fish, minnows died of heat stroke and crawlers disintegrated, still Pete's working...

8/26/17 @ 9:21 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

Fished a flowage on Wednesday,vary dark water because of all the rain.Started along a weed edge with small sinking rapala has worked in the past for eyes.Ended up with two pike mid 20' and 3 smallies one 19 the others around 15.Thought a colorado spinner bait mite work because of the dark water,caught two more pike,than nothing for an hour.Went to a willow leave blade,bingo three more smallies all nice,then drifting over some cabage a eye and a Big perch they go in the cooler.Had a good day, on Thursday fished a large lake Skunked nothing nada humbled.Friday walked a mile and a halve to a trout stream small stream mostly brook trout,had fly and spinning gear.Water was high set up the fly rod anyway,started with a bh woolly bugger working down stream they were biting good lost one good fish and brought in maybe a dozen. nothing great worked down maybe halve a mile.Changed to a dry fly and started working up stream,I was suprized how well it worked ended up with two 11'' and 13 plus lots of smaller fish.Taking the weekend off than tuesday will start over.

8/25/17 @ 5:03 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Hey, n.pike, good stories here. There is a little river down here in your old stomping grounds  that flows thru a marsh. Always wanted to take ya there. My bud and I once got 5 pike from 30 to 34 inch, and several others 26 and over in one day. There was absolute monster rock bass hitting the pike spinners too. Got to make the paddle back there to see if they are still there.

8/25/17 @ 2:28 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Nice idea for sharing stories Pikey!

8/25/17 @ 11:54 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

I like that idea Musky, would certainly be a good thread choice to focus on Northern Wi. Feel free to start one up. It would definitely be very interesting. 

Sounds like a cool steelhead experience you had. 120 Feet down... That's way beyond where I fish. Cool catch!  Mr. Bass, those are the days that we just savor don't we? Sounds neat! 

8/25/17 @ 8:56 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Went to my local honey hole pond in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.  It actually has no name that I'm aware of and is far enough off the road that very few people fish there.  It's about 4-5 acres pretty clear with heavy shoreline weeds and a max depth of 10-11 feet.  I was fishing  near brush piles with a bobber and large golden roaches casting just past the heavy weed line.  I caught 7 bass total in about 2 hours.  3 of the bass were between 3lb and 3.5lbs and 3 were 12-14inches.  I also caught one 3.28lb bass at last light casting a spro frog.  Very good evening for me.  My buddy also caught one really nice bass and several in the 12-14 inch range.

Bluegill in this pond are stunted so that's probably why the bass are so big and numerous.  There also used to be big crappie, but I haven't caught one of those in years.  Ice fishing is excellent for bass on tip ups.

8/24/17 @ 10:34 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Love the reports guys. Thanks for contributing. Some neat experiences so far...and all believable for sure. Any types of reports welcomed and the body of water can simply remain anonymous.

Here's a mini report on an unnamed river. near Minocqua, A.V. and Woodruff. Nothing out of the world, but I was walking over a bridge today and noticed something I'd never seen. 13 bass swam right under the bridge in a group. Very cool to see. 2 or 3 would be nice sized. Rest were small to decent sized. Very cool event. Saw a boy fishing 150 yards away near a under road culvert or tunnel with good current and was thinking he might have had some success earlier since those bass came from his way. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 26 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE