Unbelievable Fishing Stories?

6/19/13 @ 9:28 AM
ORIGINAL POST
fishinchick2534
fishinchick2534
USER since 12/30/12
"Did you catch anything?" My dad and I had been cruising around the local lakes after spending the morning on Shawano Lake. We had caught about a dozen crappie and a dozen gills. We decided to stop by the little local lake 'White Clay Lake'. By then it was afternoon and we were going to fish again. As we pulled into the parking lot there must have been a dozen vehicles! I have never seen more than one! When we got there and older gentlemen was taking out his boat. We asked him,"Did you catch anything?". He replied with, "I'm tired of catching fish." I couldn't believe my ears my father asked him again and again he replied "I'm tired of catching fish." Within minutes we were out on the little lake trying our best. We never had a bite. Do you have any unbelievable stories?
Edited on 6/19/13 9:28 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 63 Posts
9/10/14 @ 12:59 PM
pike eyes
pike eyes
USER since 12/28/10
was on the petenwell flowage last week walleye fishing jigging with 8lb test when the drag started singing. the fish pulled out about 1/2 my spool and then jumped it was a big musky.After about a 25 min battle was able to tire her out and get her along side the boat.Its un official because she was so tired I didn't dare take her out of the water, but 44" was what we came up with what a gorgeous fish. Revived her and away she went.As for casting he needs to get a life.

Post Your Comment
9/8/14 @ 10:57 AM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
Years ago when float tubing on a private lake I had a rod yanked off my lap while re-tieing a hook on another line. Probably small bass or gill. Tried casting for it for an hour with a treble and no dice. 2 weeks later on the same lake pretty close to where I lost that rod, I was casting a small jig/twister and got hung up. It started to come in so I reeled very carefully until I got it in. The hook of the jig was caught on the jig eye of the rig I lost 2 weeks ago! I still have that outfit.

Post Your Comment
9/7/14 @ 9:32 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
ditto what rikj said!

Post Your Comment
9/7/14 @ 6:20 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01
Casting, anything you post anywhere is unbelievable....Get some help!!

Post Your Comment
8/29/14 @ 9:35 AM
~Fishin'
~Fishin'
USER since 9/6/07
lol - If it makes your fishing escapades seem better to you by telling me I'm lying, by all means - have at it.

Unfortunately for you I had someone there to witness it with me that day. In fact, I'll see if I can entice him to come post some of his pictures. His problem with this site are people like you.

I have more, but unfortunately it makes the location for those who don't like to put the time in and figure it out on there own, all to obvious. So those I will not be sharing.

Tight lines friend.

EDIT - You are so right, the last two pictures are actually the identical fish. I made a mistake when uploading. Its actually the identical picture. Its hilarious that you try to make a point about fish markings but miss the fact its actually the 100% identical picture. As they say on the forums, keep trollin' my friend.

Here is the third I meant to post.

Big Smile

Edited on 8/29/14 9:41 AM
Post Your Comment
8/20/14 @ 11:45 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05
I know one thing for a fact.

if you are absolutely killing the crappies, gills, eyes, whatever, give me a call, I can single handedly shut down a hot bite by just starting my outboard, not sure if fish get intimidated, strange phenomenon to say the least.

Be assured the bite will start up again when I leave, so be patient Wink

Post Your Comment
8/20/14 @ 11:35 AM
~Fishin'
~Fishin'
USER since 9/6/07
Thanks for the laugh.

1 - You're quite defensive, might want to check into that.

2 - If I was talking about you, I would have called you out - in detail.

If you noticed this thread is two fold - awesome fishing days, and "true" fish stories. The fish "reports" on here are full of "true" fish stories. I was commenting on the later. You were giving an example of the former.

You say nothing I know to be wrong. My comment was directed to the laughable posts in which I can prove that person to be wrong.

Want a different contribution?

How about a few years ago catching so many Steelhead that my friend and I not only slowed down on the picture taking - but we ended up quitting fishing because our arms couldn't take it anymore. Even attached three pictures from that day. Still quite honestly the best day of fishing I've ever experienced. We were catching Steelhead on back to back casts. On one cast my buddy lost one that hit 3 cranks into the retrieve, only to have another hit not far from shore.

Post Your Comment
8/20/14 @ 8:46 AM
~Fishin'
~Fishin'
USER since 9/6/07
Fish stories? Just read the fishing reports!

Funny how the few times I see guys fishing the same spots as my buddy and I they are never catching fish. But man - them reports? They are KILLING them.

I know the size of the fish caught in the area because well, I use a real tape measure. Heck, I even have data from tagged fish I store from when I've caught them and when the DNR tagged them. Which funny enough my measurements always makes sense when you figure in average growth rate. But somehow.... just some how people manage to shatter all that data with their fish of the day - or what can even be more funny is their half a dozen giant fish.

This site is becoming less and less useful and I'm starting to wish there was a separate set of reports for paying members. It would make me become a paying member again because I'm willing to bet not as many people would be posting fish stories in the paying member section.

Post Your Comment
8/17/14 @ 8:52 AM
Dodad
Dodad
USER since 8/12/09
Many, many years ago I was home on leave from the navy. A good friend suggested that we grab the boat and out sleeping bags, a few beers, a pint and head out for a short weekend trip. We ended up in the white river in central Wisconsin. On Saturday morning we were fishing a large weed bed when we saw a lot of activity on the water just a few feet away. It was a turtle with a frog in his mouth. We thought it a good idea to use the frog for bait and grabbed hold of the frog but the turtle wouldn't release it. We tried everything and finally poured a short of brandy down it's mouth. The frog was released and we used it successfully on a large bass. Fifteen minutes later we heard a scrapping sound on the side of the boat and here was the turtle with another frog. True? Well I am a fisherman after all. Big Smile

Post Your Comment
5/1/14 @ 12:35 PM
CRSTLNR1750
CRSTLNR1750
USER since 4/25/06
True story, was fishing a NW Wisconsin lake about 15 years ago. My buddy puts on some type of frog/beetle spin contraption that was probably made back in the 70's sometime. Well he hooks a snot rocket and as it is approaching the boat, line snaps, fish and lure gone. Oh was he pissed, we had to drive around all over to these small towns looking for the exact lure he was using. I tried explaing that the lure was made way back when and there is no way we were going to find anything even remotely close to it, this did not sit well with him. Next day we go out and we are roughly in the same area he lost his "magic" lure, well he casts out and hooks another snot rocket and as he is bringing it it, I look down and see something hanging out of it's yapper, yep you guessed it, the lure he lost the day before. It was like a five year old at Christmas, he was jumping up & down and screaming that he had his lure back, damn near swampped the boat. He could have cared less about the fish, just wanted that lure back.

Darndest thing I have seen

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 63 Posts