SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Turtle Lake,Walworth County

7/17/17 @ 7:30 PM
INITIAL POST
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

Sitting on my deck overlooking the lake, the water is like silk.Another hour out I will be  out hunting Walleye,yes Walleye! Fishing the honey holes has been tough due to weed growth.Out last night managed three largemouth small pike and yes several legal Walleye.All are still swimming!!The water is high, no wake on the lake, the weeds go out a lot farther out in the lake then normal. Doesn't get any better sitting with several old timers listening how things used to be on the lake,Oh! add a few cold ones.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts
11/5/17 @ 9:06 PM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

Two decades on Turtle lake, never,never have I seen the lake in such a condition!!!!! No treatment of evasive species,Eurasion Milfoil, has been done for over three years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/31/17 @ 1:07 PM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

The season ended with the TLA a mess! they voted down money for the weir project.Knowing well if the funds were not fronted the project would end.Leaving the creek to continue to breach, water levels uncontrolled! Within three days concerned residents collected the funds and were presented at the Township meeting.The hell with the TLA! over half of the members are concerned with the lake and are proceeding with the project.Soon we will not need the TLA,how could they think of dropping a project with over a decade of work? Thank you to all who have helped.

10/25/17 @ 9:10 AM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

Depends on where you fish, lake is low and full of milfoil. Where did you launch? Those that are constantly on the lake are well aware of the issues.Were the gills average?Bass that were busting minnows are generally small larger ones are deeper.

10/21/17 @ 10:28 AM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

The Turtle lake is a sad mess, neglected for four years Milfoil is taking over.The TLA voted against going forward with financial support for the lake level project.Thanks to many residents the money was provided to the Township so the project could move forward.What is the TLA thinking the lake should be their main focus! What do we need them for? 

10/15/17 @ 1:54 PM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

Turtle lake is in trouble

9/7/17 @ 5:17 PM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

Spent the weekend fishing, plenty of small bass,when water cools large ones should start biting.Will take a bit of work with the lake in the condition its in!

9/7/17 @ 5:12 PM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

The weeds have gotten much worse! no relief in sight!

9/2/17 @ 11:43 AM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

I hear the lake needs care! This has been an issue for three years. The TLA officers should get off their hands and get involved and go to work! quite blaming the membership and residents!!!! I hear there is a new group forming? The TLE lake officers must go!!!!!! Save the lake!

8/28/17 @ 11:52 AM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

Turtle used to be the jewel of Walworth County,not any more two boats had to be towed to shore weeds clogged their motors. Millfoil is out of control!!!!!!

8/24/17 @ 11:51 AM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

Caught some nice bass14-16 inches others under 12',grandson caught a huge sunfish.All were tossed back, looking for walleye this weekend.I am aware not many fish for catfish, largest one caught 10 lbs. on a spinner bait released. Millfoil appears to be consuming better parts of the lake, for lack of care!!! Pulled some weeds with zebra mussels!!!!!   

8/17/17 @ 12:22 PM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

Nice looking Perch,haven't seen many of those, with the weeds a problem many small bass are still  around. They are around the 12-14 inch range.My grand son caught a huge bluegill tossed the fish back to make more bigger fish.Has anyone caught any Walleye?

8/16/17 @ 7:48 AM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09

Never fear Russell,there are still nice fish in this lake....

8/14/17 @ 12:52 PM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

Small Bass,and Pike,weed growth is so thick very difficult to fish usual hot spots.Speed boats churn up the water tearing up weeds.Lake is neglected, water is not as clear as it used to be.

8/2/17 @ 6:01 PM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

July was a very wet month a record I believe?Sure helped weed growth will be spending most of August on the water. Will post results!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE