Turtle Flambeau or Chippewa Flowage

5/7/15 @ 12:11 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Mountain
Mountain
USER since 1/7/02
Want to fish one of these for the first time, but can only do one. Crappie, bass and pike are the targets for my son and I. Will hire a guide. Looking at early August trip. Thoughts?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
5/15/15 @ 10:55 PM
Mr. G
Mr. G
USER since 7/4/01
I agree with most of what has been already posted. For LMB and decent sized pike the Chip gets the nod. The Chip is probably a better crappie lake too. I really enjoy fishing the Chip and have caught some real good fish there. Nonetheless, I prefer the overall experience of the TFF. The wilderness aspects of the TFF are second to none in the state of Wisconsin. While the Chip has some decent smallmouth, the TFF has really become a fantastic spot for smallmouth action. Pike are fairly plentiful too, but as stated, tend to run on the small side. There are some real good size crappie in the TFF if you know where to find them.

As stated, your really can't go wrong with either. If you want the best wilderness and smallmouth TFF wins, if you want more bars and resorts along with LMB and good pike Chip wins.

Post Your Comment
5/15/15 @ 6:24 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
USER since 11/15/06
land man X2. I've been to each several times and would have to echo land man. Spot on.

Post Your Comment
5/9/15 @ 2:59 PM
land man
land man
USER since 9/12/06
For what you want to do- the Chip is better. The pike on the TFF are very small and for some reason don't get very large. Also, the LMB population on the chip is better. Crappies can be found in either place, but for a first timer, the chip is much easier to get around on without smashing your boat. I have fished both and if you were talking walleyes, I would go TFF, but since you are not, I would go Chip all the way.

Post Your Comment
5/9/15 @ 6:53 AM
gunslinger9562
gunslinger9562
USER since 2/18/11
I have cabin at bayview for a week next month cant wait chip has been on my to fish places for to long

Post Your Comment
5/8/15 @ 12:06 PM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02
I have fished the Chip for years although not much recently. I've fished the TF a few times. As was said, I don't think you could go wrong with either one fishing wise. The Chip has more to offer around the water in terms of places to eat, bars, resorts etc. The TF is more a remote wilderness experience. The TF has more boating hazards while the Chip is a bit more prop friendly, in my experience. As long as your hiring a guide I'd chose the TF. In my opinion the Chip is easier to fish.

Good Luck!!

Post Your Comment
5/7/15 @ 5:17 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
This might not help much...but you really can't go wrong with either one, especially if your going out with a guide. I am partial to the Chip, but they are both awesome places.

Post Your Comment