MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Trolling for Salmon or Musky

7/2/18 @ 9:12 AM
INITIAL POST
dodger
dodger
User since 9/3/01

A friend and I talked the other night about a great salmon trip he was just on.  It got me thinking. I have been on Lake Michigan boats before for trout and salmon. Great fun and most of the time we caught fish.

Something I have never done was to go for Muskies. I have just put that on my bucket list. 

How about you ? Would you rather go on a salmon trip or a musky trip ?  As a side question. Any recommendations, who would you go with ?

Good luck to all.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
7/24/18 @ 10:02 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04

I fish for both but prefer salmon. Fight better and taste great!

7/19/18 @ 10:12 PM
Chemist
Chemist
PRO MEMBER User since 6/17/01

I used to go muskie fishing much more than I do now. The reason, I started to catch salmon on Lake Michigan.

Both are fun, but eating a salmon is a bonus and they do fight super hard. I think they are easier to catch than a muskie as well.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE