SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Tomahawk Area Fishing

7/14/18 @ 10:02 AM
INITIAL POST
Jav1
User since 1/28/03

I will be in Tomahawk for work for a couple of weeks starting next week. Never been there and thinking of taking the boat along. What lakes should be good for walleye in the area?  Or any lake that are good  fishing lakes. Being that I am in a motel I will be all catch and release. Are there any guides that fish the area that I can contact? 

Thanks for any help. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
7/17/18 @ 12:06 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

As Snakester said, use caution on Mohawksin. Definitely a good lake but there is a lot of structure to watch out for.

I have had some success muskie fishing Nokomis too. Look for deep cabbage. 

7/16/18 @ 4:31 PM
haagar65
User since 3/29/11

Mohawksin is a pretty good musky lake and its right in Tomahawk, its also good panfish/bass lake.

7/16/18 @ 3:59 PM
Jav1
User since 1/28/03

Thanks Bow Hunting Guy. I may not have the time to travel a long distance but will be able to get out after 5 pm. What about Musky? Anything close worth bringing up my Musky gear?

7/16/18 @ 1:13 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Jav1,

By all means, take the boat with. Hundreds of lakes within a reasonable drive. If you’re in Tomahawk, check out Nokomis. Easy to navigate and opportunity for plenty of species. 

If you have the time to venture a short distance north, check out Rainbow Flowage, Lake Tom, or the Willow. I’ve been fishing this area my whole life and it’s very underrated. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE