st croix river

2/15/15 @ 7:00 PM
ORIGINAL POST
dna
dna
USER since 1/8/09
hello, I am looking for some input on fishing the St. Croix River preferably near Hudson. I have never fished the river, looking for boat ramps that are public, even where I can get on the river (planning on just walking out, where to try (general area), what to use for hook, bait combo. any and all information on fishing the river would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on going out on the river this weekend. Thanks
Edited on 2/15/15 7:02 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
2/18/15 @ 12:08 PM
SumpinFishy
SumpinFishy
USER since 12/9/14
Dropped a line over near the North Hudson access this afternoon. Marked a couple of fish, but no takers. Talked to one guy who said it'd been pretty slow. He had iced 2 decent sized crappie all morning. I might try again when it's a little nicer weather.

Post Your Comment
2/16/15 @ 9:23 AM
antler junkie
antler junkie
USER since 8/17/05
Ice access at the boat landings is out of the question.Very unsafe ice due to the current. What you want to do is drive to North Hudson a couple of miles up main street. Look for Summer street(there will be a freedom gas station on this corner)take a left and this will bring you down a couple of blocks to the river. Easy ice access and plenty safe. There will be an ice road branching out in different directions. You will see ice shack villages to let you know where to give it a try. Good luck fishing.

Post Your Comment
2/16/15 @ 8:21 AM
SumpinFishy
SumpinFishy
USER since 12/9/14
I stopped down and talked to a few guys by the beach in Prescott. It sounds like it has been kinda slow for walleye there most of the winter. They did mention that crappie were going by the Kinni, but you'd need a wheeler to get there. Ice conditions were all over the board. 17" where they were fishing and 8" where I parked 30' away. Good luck if you go.

PM me if you find anything else out.

Post Your Comment