Solo Fishing Trip.

6/19/18 @ 8:39 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Reba`s daddy
Reba`s daddy
USER since 11/8/16

Taking a solo fishing trip in late august/sept.Will be shore fishing.Anywhere in northern Wi. will do. Ideally there will be rivers/lake with dams, shore access etc,etc.Plan to stay 3 or 4 days hopefully in a mom and pop type motel with in a short driving distance to good shore fishing.Not targeting any specific species but would be nice to have some panfish or walleyes for my meals.Any info on places to stay,places to fish would be greatly appreciated.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
8/22/18 @ 10:52 AM
Esox JJ
Esox JJ
USER since 6/4/05

Reba's daddy. I will be going to Sayner this Sunday and staying for two weeks. The wife and I camp at Starrett lake campground. She doesn't fish very much, so i'm usually out on my boat by myself.  Escanaba, Plum, and Big Muskelluge are some of my favorite lakes to fish when we are there. I do fish other lakes sometimes. I fish for walleye's and muskie mostly. I haven't ever used messenger on here, but if you're interested in going to that area message me and I can give you more information on how we could meet up and sling some lures for skies or jig for eye's. 

JJ 

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 5:47 AM
Tuffy2
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

There are a couple of nice camp sites by Star Lake just outside of Sayner. I have never camped there, but I always thought they looked nice. There are a lot of lakes in that area too.

Post Your Comment
8/16/18 @ 8:30 PM
Ice Junky
Ice Junky
USER since 8/21/09

I am another one thinking about a solo weekend trip maybe early-mid October in the St. Germain area depending on the weather.  Pan fish and Waldos would be the target.  Prolly sleep in truck. Have boat. Any suggestions on lakes and campgrounds would be appreciated. Thanks. Tight lines.

Edited on 8/16/18 8:32 PM
Post Your Comment
6/22/18 @ 11:02 AM
Bowhunting Guy
Bowhunting Guy
USER since 5/22/18

If you are shore bound, I would agree with Gov. Thompson park. I was there once with my wife for the day and gave it minimal effort, but did land some nice largemouth from shore. If I recal correctly, the lake within the park that I fished was Wood Lake. 

Post Your Comment
6/21/18 @ 11:00 PM
jaybeeturtle
jaybeeturtle
USER since 3/17/06

I’d recommend Gov, Thompson State park. Tons of shore fishing opportunities on High Falls and Caldron Falls Lakes. Two dams with good bass and musky fishing, some walleye. Panfish everywhere. Nice campgrounds in the park

Edited on 6/21/18 11:01 PM
Post Your Comment
6/20/18 @ 4:31 AM
crankbait
crankbait
USER since 6/20/01

I don't know what you consider up north.

There's a couple of barges on the MS river, that let you fish overnight, a few motels in those towns. 

There's motels in near the Dells, Adams/ Friendship area that give access to both Petenwell & Castle Rock dam areas. Not to mention Prarie Du Sac.

For a more urban landscape you could find something cheap in Marinette/ Menominee, Peshtigo, or Oconto and fish those rivers.  Hattie St. Dam in Marinette has public access on both the MI  & WI sides.

Crivitz area has 4 dams on the Peshtigo with shore fishing access that I can think of.

Post Your Comment
6/19/18 @ 11:33 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

There are dams just about anywhere you go in northern Wisconsin and you will find a mixed bag beneath most of them.  SMB may be the primary fish this time of year at a lot of them but I've caught pike, walleye and the occasional crappie, perch, catfish and even muskie

There are flowages up there that have old river channels that are close to shore spots.  You should be able to pick up fish there as well.  The Rainbow Flowage is one good example. 

Good luck.

Post Your Comment