Smallmouth fishing using scuba gear

9/11/18 @ 8:35 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Misfit12
Misfit12
USER since 9/11/18

Sick of wondering what's down there? Or how your favorite lure is behaving? Send me your favorite lure and I'll create a video using it. You will see how your lure performs.  Here is an example using a savage 3D Craw. Subscribe for more!

https://youtu.be/2GuoprIzVaU

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
9/18/18 @ 4:51 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

I think it’s pretty cool. Be pretty easy to spear bass. Is that legal during the fishing season? I’ll have to try and look it up. I love snorkeling to find hidden structure you cant get boat over the top of. Always something new which makes everything more interesting all the time.

Just looked it up, and spearing isn’t allowed in County I’m in, but it is ok for rough fish and a few others in southern counties. Surprised to see Crappie and Perch are ok in Southern counties. Seeded territory is prohibited. But if you’re using a lure you’re ok I think. Won’t be doing that anyways. Interesting!!

Edited on 9/18/18 5:04 PM
Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 8:42 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

They are doing it because scuba is an expensive hobby. The up side for me was my diving buddy, Phil had a basement crammed with salvaged baits and lures he found on his scuba trips. He also had a ton of anchors people lost. I ended up cherry picking some pretty nice stuff he sold to me for not much money. Zeebs changed everything because any hard surface got covered with them making seeing salvage almost impossible. We all brought mask and snorkels up with us to Canada and found lots of snagged lures near portages and waterfalls. Smallies would circle around me while I kicked up silt stirred up while digging them off the bottom. They formed a fishy entourage following us around on the bottom.

Edited on 9/21/18 8:26 AM
Post Your Comment
9/16/18 @ 5:13 AM
crankbait
crankbait
USER since 6/20/01
Would it be any easier with an ice fishing reel?  Saw that on you tube a few years ago.  Maybe I'll try it next year.

Post Your Comment
9/15/18 @ 8:07 AM
Lake king
Lake king
USER since 7/13/18

These guys will do anything for a dime for Pete’s sake.  

Post Your Comment
9/13/18 @ 7:30 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15

That is pushing the creative envelope of stupidity and weirdness 

Post Your Comment
9/13/18 @ 8:12 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

This belongs on Bigfoot thread!!