Searching for Yellow Bass

5/19/14 @ 12:50 PM
ORIGINAL POST
yangstah
yangstah
USER since 7/6/11
Is there any particular on shore arena where I can go catch Yellow Bass? Reason being is that it seems that they don't exist anymore. All I see is white bass up North, Southwest and in the Northwest arena from where I live which is in Milwaukee, WI. Hope I could get a few tips, helps, along with responses. Thanks in advance.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
6/19/14 @ 9:16 PM
Bug Zapper
Bug  Zapper
USER since 7/19/04
Auburn Lake in the Northern Kettle Moraine.Loaded with them.

Post Your Comment
6/7/14 @ 10:04 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
You betcha, he was dink, doubt he was 6 inches. Over the years I have caught some decent ones on Tichigan, but you never know when or where you are going to find them.

Caught a dozen or better last year out of a single hole. Have not found them there since. Really strange fish, they seem to move daily. Finding them is more luck than anything else.

Post Your Comment
6/6/14 @ 11:22 PM
yangstah
yangstah
USER since 7/6/11
@Plmlk

Thanks for the support. That's true. Yellow bass are hard to find especially on shore since I don't have a boat. Also, thanks on the picture. Now I know that there are yellow bass but just hard to locate them. Another thing is that yellow bass is small. LoL

Edited on 6/6/14 11:23 PM
Post Your Comment
6/1/14 @ 1:59 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
Caught this little guy on Tichigan Lake today and remembered this thread and snapped a quick pick.

The yellow Bass on Tichigan are hard to figure out, really tough to target them, but every now and again you stumble onto a pile of them. I usually don't catch just one...

Post Your Comment
5/21/14 @ 2:07 PM
yangstah
yangstah
USER since 7/6/11
@waterfowler1973

Wow, that's very thoughtful of you but I don't think I can go this weekend because I have to help my parents farm for their farmer market. I usually go fishing during the weekdays when I don't have classes but do you know any particular on shore arenas beside Green Bay? Also, if I may, may I can the spot arena where you consistently catch some decent yellow bass in Green Bay? Here's my email so you can message me since my Messenger is not working - yang_flav0r@hotmail.com

Post Your Comment
5/20/14 @ 2:49 PM
waterfowler1973
waterfowler1973
USER since 4/1/08
I am going up to Green Bay this weekend and have a spot where I consistently catch some decent yellow bass. I will take you fishing up there if you want...

Post Your Comment
5/19/14 @ 6:25 PM
chuckc
chuckc
USER since 3/21/14
I just saw, in some newsletter or magazine, that the DNR just caught (and released) a state and world record yellow bass somewhere in the state. Do some searches. ChuckC

Post Your Comment