Rhinelander Area: Small water panfish mercy request

12/5/14 @ 7:02 AM
ORIGINAL POST
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER since 3/8/04
Not asking for much are you? I find that if you go to any bait shop and ask them where the fish are biting he will tell you. Just make sure you buy a couple dozen minnows from him. Or, get a map, drive around and look and see where people are fishing and that will get you going. You have to put some work into it. Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.
Edited on 12/5/14 7:03 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
12/8/14 @ 7:05 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I agree 100% with CDS. With technology of today, it doesn't take to long to pick 4 or 5 lakes (there are more than that in your area), go to Lake Link, and study maps, area location for launches, lake reviews and details. Yes, then drive to them physically and scout them out so what you saw on computer clicks. The neat thing about doing your own scouting and fishing is if what you heard or what you thought doesn't work out, move to different possible locations that you think might be good, and you might get very lucky. It feels so much better when you know you've done your homework and find another hot spot for the future. I log location, weather, time of year, bait used , etc. you find out what works and what doesn't. You also have to realize that sometimes what worked the first time, doesn't always work the second. Some people will say guys like CDS and myself are not helping fellow Linkers, but I believe we are helping you by getting you started the right way. Good luck with the kids reverend, and let us know what happens. I have confidence in you!!!!

Post Your Comment
12/7/14 @ 8:50 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
But Sarge...he'd like to take THE KIDS...and look at his handle: The REVEREND.

A Friday night at the PC and all day Saturday driving and looking and following footprints and maybe talking to fishermen (and taking notes once back at the car) will teach you far more than someone giving you a spot from his "B" list.

Post Your Comment