MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Reefpoint Marina, Racine, WI -- fishing from the shore

9/2/17 @ 1:10 PM
INITIAL POST
Kirill2006
User since 9/2/17

Hi all,

Can someone tell me what kind of fish it possible to get from the shore at Reefpoint Marina, Racine, WI this time of year (september-october). And what kind of bait it is better to use?

I am new in Wisconsine area, came from Brownsville, TX and was fishing from the shore at Mexican Gulf. Never tried fishing from lakes. It was simple, just use a shrimp for any fish, any time of year. But for the lakes, I know, it is more tricky. I am going to fish from that particular place in Racine. Any ideas or advise? 

Have e a great season!

Kirill

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
10/19/18 @ 11:21 AM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10
As far as I recall, the 1/2hr before sunrise-1/2hr after sunset regs start after the first bridge from the lake but it's been a few years since I fished the tribs. I do know the harbors and mouth at the main lake are 24hrs,
9/28/18 @ 1:54 PM
madadi
User since 9/28/18

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the grave. i joined to site so i can inquire about parking at Racine north and south marina sides. also i used to fish overnight on the rocks is that possible still? having a hard time finding that information on the regulations website. just want to know specifically what areas can be shore fishing on and what are the hours. THANK YOU FOR FEED BACK. 

9/17/17 @ 10:27 AM
Tweed
User since 9/6/16

Welcome to Racine. Love my hometown and wish I got back more. 

South Pier at the bend in the pier, cast to the southeast spoons. Let them drop to about 10' tell you begin to retrieve. 

Late September, early October head to the river. Fish spawn under bobber. Get in the river at the end of 9th Street there's a park where you can walk in. At that point the fish will still be fresh enough and not as dark as they will be by the time they get to Lincoln Park or the dam. 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE