Price County

5/5/14 @ 1:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
gusgus
gusgus
USER since 6/24/09
The Spirt lakes in southern Price co. look interesting. How is the muskie fishing on these lakes? Does anyone know if there is a resort or cabins for rent there? Thanks Gus-Gus.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
5/7/14 @ 6:40 PM
Tomr
Tomr
MEMBER since 8/24/01
Gusgus, Check with John at Ross sports in Phillips. He is a guide and will give you good info on the lakes. Tr

Post Your Comment
5/7/14 @ 12:11 PM
Budman
Budman
USER since 8/17/01
I've fished these lakes for about 15 years. Musky fishing is hit or miss, if you want numbers or size, try somewhere else. No resorts on the lakes. The musky tourney was started a couple of years ago, if i'm not mistaken only a couple of fish where caught the first year.

Post Your Comment
5/7/14 @ 10:17 AM
wale
wale
USER since 2/12/13
anyone been over o the le Claire area? wondering if the ice is off yet?

Post Your Comment
5/7/14 @ 9:01 AM
gusgus
gusgus
USER since 6/24/09
Thanks Guys! What peaked my interest was a mention of a muskie fishing tournament in these lakes mentioned in the PRICE co. booklet. I'll probally stick to the Phillips chain of lakes. Gus-Gus

Post Your Comment
5/6/14 @ 3:10 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
I hear people favoring it for the bass fishing. Being a former lot owner, I know the north lake is quite rocky with plenty of wood coverage and dropoff along the shore.

Edited on 5/6/14 3:48 PM
Post Your Comment
5/6/14 @ 8:51 AM
land man
land man
USER since 9/12/06
I have never fished them myself, but have appraised homes located on them.

From talking to the owners, the musky fishing is not very good. No one has told me any stories of big ones nor have I seen any mounts or photos of good ones caught there. My understanding is they are more panfish type lakes.

On the other hand, they don't get a ton of fishing pressure, because they are pretty small and not located near any larger cities. The houses I appraise there are cheaper for that reason. I don't know of any resorts. The only cabins for rent would be if owners want to rent them out privately. I would try the vacation rental by owner website to see if any are posted there.

Post Your Comment