Port Washington harbor fishing

7/1/14 @ 9:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
aidennathaniel
aidennathaniel
USER since 7/1/14
New to the forum from what I read looks seems like a lot of knowledgeable fishermen and women. Thinking about fishing from the Port Washington harbor and would like to know what kind of fish and types of tackle to use.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
9/2/17 @ 8:20 AM
DoubleJay
DoubleJay
USER since 9/2/17

Started fishing PW Harbor back in '78, but moved out of state in '85, never to return.  Would like to come back and try some Fall fishing out of my boat in the harbor, and have heard rumors about changes in local regulations for night fishing there (from a boat?).

Please direct me to the best source of local information (PD, bait shop?) so I can get this straight before making the trek.

All of my friends have passed away, including John Mockus, who died some time around 1988?  Also haven't heard if "Richard" is still alive, but I know for sure "Steve" passed away many years ago (he was the first Harbor Master at the new facility).

I have many pics (stored somewhere) of fishing in the old harbor in the late '70's and early '80's.......great memories.  Sometimes in October we would launch the boat around dinner time and go and tie up on the wall right next to the warm water discharge plume.  Fantastic fishing!

I'm retired now and need to come back and refresh some of these memories.....

Thanks

Post Your Comment
7/2/14 @ 9:21 AM
aidennathaniel
aidennathaniel
USER since 7/1/14
Thank you swamp runner, I will look into it. I am glad I found this site.

Post Your Comment
7/1/14 @ 7:03 PM
swamp_runner
swamp_runner
USER since 1/5/02
take a look at the fishing reports Wisconsin, and in the search area type in port Washington. I believe there is some information there. But as far as how they are doing at least from shore it seems like it rather slow.

And welcome to Lake Link.

Post Your Comment