Planning a fishing trip

5/18/14 @ 11:32 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gon' Fishin'
Gon' Fishin'
USER since 9/28/13
Okay so my dad, sister, her boyfriend and I, are trying to plan a fishing trip for late June or early to mid July (depending how hot it gets). We need to rent a boat, will probably be a pontoon so that we are all comfortable. With that said, we are looking to target Largemouth/Smallmouth Bass, Walleye, and panfish (bluegill, crappie and perch). We are having a little trouble deciding where to go. So if anyone has some solid information on good fishing LAKES (we live on the Wolf River and are looking to get away). Currently we are considering the following.. Shawano Lake Puckaway Lake Big Green Lake Little Green Lake Mendota/Monona/Waubesa Lake Koshkonong Lake Geneva We are open to other possibilities as long as there is a boat rental place on the lake that doesnt want $500 plus for a day rental. Hoping for a $200-$300 max. (If you have a pontoon boat to rent that could be an option too!) Thanks for input, ideas and help! PM is open if you want to keep it private.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
5/20/14 @ 8:16 PM
nubbz07
nubbz07
USER since 12/31/09
My vote would be for lil green. tons on 8-10" perch good gills and crappies. Lots of decent 12-15" bass. And surprisingly to most people a very good walleye population and a 15" limit. Most other local lakes are 18". I think the fish from lg taste better too from the clear water. If u want any more info pm me, or text me at 920nine60six719

Post Your Comment
5/20/14 @ 11:56 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
USER since 3/20/02
L. Kosh is as much a river as L Wis.

Post Your Comment
5/19/14 @ 11:06 AM
Gon' Fishin'
Gon' Fishin'
USER since 9/28/13
Okay so just an update.

After reading through several messages, looking at boat rental places and statistics of fish populations, our list has been modified.

Little Green Lake Puckaway Lake Lake Koshkonong Lake Geneva Considering Lake Wisconsin, not too fond of the idea because its still a river.. Lac Labelle Big Cedar Lake and Beaver Dam Lake

Any further information on these from locals or visitors would be extremely helpful in planning this trip and making it a success.

We are not expecting to limit out on each target species, we just want to catch some fish, consistently, and some keepers to bring home. After all, these lakes are all at least an hour or 2 from us, and with a boat rental and everything, we need to bring some home to make it really worth it!

Post Your Comment