Oshkosh newcomer

5/2/14 @ 4:08 PM
ORIGINAL POST
bassbuzz
bassbuzz
USER since 5/2/14
I am new to the Oshkosh area and am looking for helpful info. I'm 62 years old, have a 14' deep V aluminum boat with a 25hp outboard and trolling motor. I'm primarily a bass and panfish man. I love catching crappie and nice size perch and of course bass. I'm looking to start getting my lines wet but don't know where to go. I don't relish the idea of taking my small boat out on the big lakes with the winds and rough water. I much prefer small lakes as long as they have a decent place I can launch. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been in my shoes and doesn't mind advising a newbee. Thanks much
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
11/6/14 @ 11:43 AM
wtw_fisherman
wtw_fisherman
USER since 8/12/09
The Wisconsin DNR web site has a Lake finder page you can look at lake by the county, it tells you what kind of fish are in the lake. Waushara, Waupaca and Green Lake counties is what you want.

Post Your Comment
5/7/14 @ 12:09 AM
nubbz07
nubbz07
USER since 12/31/09
Right now I would fish the river from bago to the 41 bridge.I've been hammering the eyes and whities pulling flies this week. Pm me if you need more info.

Post Your Comment
nubbz07
nubbz07
USER since 12/31/09
Right now I would fish the river from bago to the 41 bridge.I've been hammering the eyes and whities pulling flies this week. Pm me if you need more info.

Post Your Comment
nubbz07
nubbz07
USER since 12/31/09

Post Your Comment
5/4/14 @ 8:48 AM
Texaseye
Texaseye
USER since 8/15/12
If you want a small lake then try Big twin in Green lake county. About a 45 minute drive from Oshkosh. Great for Panfish and Large mouth bass. If you wanna stay close then i would only recommend hitting the bays in your small boat. Winnebago is not safe in a small boat. Asylum bay might work for you. The bays of little and big Butte de morte would work also.

Post Your Comment