North lake, Wauk. Cty. Boat launch, WHATS THE HANGUP?

6/29/08 @ 4:32 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Flytrap
Flytrap
USER since 1/29/08
I'd say make sure you have somebody to stay with the gear while retrieving the car, or finding a different place to fish. Somehow, I just don't see waiting on the DNR as a viable option. Too much like a political campaign promise, and nobody really believes those.

Of course,you could try to interest a sportsman's organization to fund a boat ramp, but that may be as successful as waiting for the DNR.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 133 Posts
8/18/18 @ 2:33 PM
Tuffy2
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

I don’t understand what you are trying to say in your comments. Is there going to be public access to North Lake, or not?

I read earlier in this thread that you can access this lake now, but from where, and how?

Post Your Comment
8/18/18 @ 6:42 AM
Landin' Lunkers
Landin' Lunkers
USER since 6/4/12

Well put it together. Im not gonna argue cuz I have acess to here if I want it... but debts and no acess to the purchased land. They go hand in hand. I dont care if im believed I was just trying to let you guys know what the word is. Not everything is made public knowledge. 

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 5:43 PM
catmandooo
catmandooo
USER since 7/18/18

I agree nihsif.Its always who has the most money! Always the attitude "not on MY lake".Every large lake should have some sort of public access.Why should only the wealthy enjoy our natural resources?Nothing wrong with being wealthy,just don't act like you are better than those who are not!

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 4:45 PM
Pearle68
Pearle68
USER since 9/13/09

The "public" is launching every day.....does every launch have to be the same?  Beaver is a carry in only, Lowes you carry in or kayak up the river, many others have huge paved launches.  Don't get the vitriol spewed about this topic...  The DNR bought land that they don't have a road to get to, if my old posts are on here you'd see i said that when they were buying it -- surprise they couldn't do it.  All this was predictable and many people did predict it.  It is true that if the people affected didn't have the money to call the DNR on this it would have happened.  The DNR has been forced to revise their process in how they grant themselves permits to be the same as anyone else as a result. No reason to hate on these people.

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 11:52 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

the incredible "legal" feet dragging continues... screw the public

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 11:42 AM
Pearle68
Pearle68
USER since 9/13/09

Hmmm....not sure about where this personal info came from.  There is no end in sight.  No clue what you mean by debts but that's not an issue with it at all.  It's a complicated transaction being proposed and involves 6+ entities.  2 years+ once there's an agreement and there isn't one as of today.

Post Your Comment
8/16/18 @ 6:50 PM
Landin' Lunkers
Landin' Lunkers
USER since 6/4/12
Got some info. 2019 or 2020. Couple guys I work with know personal contacts. Well see. Lots of unpaid debts owed where the "launch" will be allegedly. To be honest I don't think this lake is worth the hassle. I have a friend out here tbat lets me fish whenever.  The fishing has gone down hill. Im not hiding anything but 8 years ago when I came here it was smallie mayhem. Now its a few nice gills and a bunch of casting for mediocre fish. You will get some big ones but not like before. I wanted to fish this "holy grail" so bad all tge time and now I may aswell go to lac labelle for the same action. I agree there should be a ramp to all public lakes. Our taxes deserve us that. But this one is more of a political win for us fisherman than a trophy lake win. Pewaukee holds far more results imo for trophy fish and action than this pond.

Post Your Comment
8/16/18 @ 4:19 PM
Pearle68
Pearle68
USER since 9/13/09

The launch by the river in town has 5 to 15 boats parked in it every day.  Not hard to launch down the river...won't take a bass boat but a typical 16ft fishing boat or less is easy.  May need to get wet...  Technically that launch is not legal.  If all the rich aholes on the lake are so connected and jerky they'd shut that down.

If you don't know how to launch down that river go on a saturday AM and watch and/or ask for help.

Post Your Comment
8/6/18 @ 5:36 PM
catmandooo
catmandooo
USER since 7/18/18

Same crap show as Big Cedar.Lets be honest about it.The wealthy want no contact with the rest of us,as they see,peons! I have nothing against being well off,but that doesn't mean you are better than or more important than anyone else.If this is allowed to continue only the "privileged" will be allowed on the good lakes.It must be stopped NOW!

'

Post Your Comment
8/6/18 @ 11:55 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

requested information from DNR to update status... also sent Contact6 some information about the decades of delay tactics 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 133 Posts