Milwaukee Area Fishing

4/10/16 @ 10:15 AM
ORIGINAL POST
browning14
browning14
USER since 10/28/14
Hey guys, I am going to be living down here this summer. I am from northern Wisconsin (Price County) and am going to have to adjust to fishing down here. I have never been great lakes fishing but am wondering if there are opportunities from shore. Also, as far as the inland lakes, are there many lakes that have shore fishing available. I won't have a boat down here, but am willing to travel to get my fishing fix. Also, are there any fishing leagues or musky leagues in the area where I could fish with someone as a team. Feel free to PM me if you would like. Thanks for the time, browning14
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
5/28/16 @ 5:05 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04

He just told you the post under yours... I like Estabrook park personally and north. Haven't been out that way in awhile. I used to get a lot of smallmouth on the flyrod.

Post Your Comment
5/27/16 @ 5:05 PM
Derrick1979
Derrick1979
USER since 5/2/14

Where do you fish in the Milwaukee River? I just never seen anyone fish it from the areas I seen it especially from shore.

Thanks

Post Your Comment
4/26/16 @ 1:55 PM
Meyaka
Meyaka
USER since 4/26/16
I've been fishing the Milwaukee River every other day for over a week now and the fishing is better than expected. I usually start around Humboldt & North under the bridge and go north on foot from there till it feels fishy. Smallmouth, Walleye and i've seen a nice sized Rainbow Trout. Also saw what looked like a large carp in the water but was hard to tell. Uploaded 2 photos where I have seen fish recently and is the location which I described. Good luck and have fun in Milwaukee.

Post Your Comment
4/26/16 @ 7:42 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
For fishing in the city, The Milwaukee river can not be beat for trophy sized fish. I've caught 29 inch walleye, HUGE smallmouth, and a good number of fairly large pike. I'd be happy to share some info if you pm me.

If you want to catch fish to eat, then you should go somewhere cleaner like the lakes in Waukesha county. There's some good fishing to be had

Post Your Comment
4/24/16 @ 9:01 AM
chuckc
chuckc
USER since 3/21/14
Look for sales, or garage sales, or whatever and pick up a decent ( not POS) float tube and a life vest. They make flippers like scuba divers wear (you go backward) or flippers that strap on your boots and look like the Greek God Hermes (Mercury in Rome) with flipper wings (you go forward). I have used one for many years. They are cheap, store in very little room, can get you into ponds and small lakes ( even Lake MI within reason) and some really good fishing.

Just..... don't tell anyone about this secret. ChuckC

Post Your Comment
4/24/16 @ 8:30 AM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
USER since 6/3/10
Start with this

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/fishing/Documents/LakeMichigan/closetohome_letter.pdf

The fish are heavily pressured down here; change up your presentation as often as you think you need to.

Get yourself a net with a very-very long handle for fishing the Lake Michigan jettis, and piers. Lots of area lakes have shore fishing opportunities, but sometimes they are not posted online. If you're near a lake just cruise over there and scope it out; check GIS websites as well to see who owns the property. Lots of nuggets of "unknown" shore access due to DNR, county, etc ... properties. The tough part is that a lot of areas have no parking signs so bring some walking shoes Smile

Post Your Comment
4/11/16 @ 10:50 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
https://milwaukeemuskiesinc.com/

If you are looking to join a musky club, I'm part of Milwaukee Muskies Inc. Good club for $35 per year.

Should you join, let me know and I can get you in touch with members who are always looking to get people out on the local lakes.

Metro fishing is a whole lot different from fishing "up north". But that isn't to say you can't stick fish and find some piggies around here.

Post Your Comment