SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Madison Fishing Expo

2/24/18 @ 10:33 AM
INITIAL POST
fishbuyer
User since 6/8/07

Best fishing I have been to in many years!

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
3/10/18 @ 2:20 PM
mingus
User since 8/9/02

I attended this year’s expo and enjoyed it  I think they can come up with a better system for ticket sales so that people with tickets don’t have to wait in line.  It is an opportunity to check out the new fishing gear from the manufacturers.  The vendors like Thorne’s had good prices on rods and reels.  I think they should add an extra day or open it early on Friday. It was too crowded.  I went to the Milwaukee Sports show this past week.  It is mostly resorts, cars, boats, and home remodeling stuff.  I did not see one major fishing equipment manufacturer there.  Right now this Expo is the show that focuses exclusively on fishing.  I will be back next year.

2/28/18 @ 7:43 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16
Wife and I went Saturday morning . How stupid is it not to have advance ticket sales had to wait at the door like everyone else which was a wait. Plenty of boats to look at . Not much gear to buy and agree with other posts expensive and weren't really getting deals unless buying rods and reels from what I saw . Concessions were out of their bleeping  mind expensive . That's Dane county for yeah. Won't waste my time going to another one .
2/25/18 @ 6:43 AM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

I went on Friday and to me it was sort of "meh." There are smaller shows that I prefer over ones this size. Same amount of gear available but very, very few resort/guide booths at those and often better pricing on equipment.  

2/24/18 @ 11:03 PM
BassWhacker
BassWhacker
User since 9/4/17

Had a great time also. Met Seth Feider, and bought some awesome gear!

Madison Fishing Expo photo by BassWhacker
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE