SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Lakeside RV Campsites

6/4/18 @ 12:59 PM
INITIAL POST
Chipriverrat
User since 3/21/16

Hello- Looking for some advice.  I have a 28' Motorhome that I like to take the family camping in.  I usually haul my 17' Deep V Lund behind it.  I'm looking for suggestions on campsites that offer campground with electricity and either lakeside sites or something that comes with a dock.  I don't have the luxury of loading and loading each day/night due to the RV.  

Some places I know of or have gone to in the past:

Siskos on the Flowage- Awesome site but doesn't have dock availability most of the time.  

The Landing on the Flowage- Campsites are a ways away from the docks

Lions Park on Holcombe- Doesn't have electricity, my favorite campground however.

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
6/20/18 @ 8:39 PM
Poppat
User since 8/21/11

Adams Co has some parks on Castle Rock with sheltered docks you can rent.  Avoid mid summer when the lake blooms.

6/20/18 @ 2:56 PM
John L
User since 7/25/09

The Chain O Lakes Campground in Eagle River has lots of sites and some very close to the water and you can rent dock space too.  They are on the Eagle River Chain so lots of lakes to fish  We have a seasonal site there and love it.

John

6/14/18 @ 12:18 PM
Gillchaser 2017
User since 6/8/17

.wisconsin campgrounds

6/12/18 @ 5:54 PM
pool9fish
User since 3/7/11

Blackhawk Park , just north of DeSoto, has camping sites right on a slough that connects to the Mississippi river. They also have a couple boat launches and a beach.

6/12/18 @ 12:47 PM
Cheeshead74
User since 4/3/11

We have stayed several times at Lynn Anne's campground on Big St Germaine. A few lakeside sides, but others are close to the lake. They rent space on several boat docks, but we usually beached it near the large swimming area.

A beautiful area with paved bike trails, sandy beach and lots of lake to explore.

6/12/18 @ 9:45 AM
HotPockeT
User since 3/18/11

Solberg lake county park in price county is decent it on a penninsula.  A lot of the campsites are right on the water and can pull your boat right up to em on shore.  I do believe every site is non reservable so during busy times have to get there around mid week to get a spot. Fishing is good to

6/12/18 @ 5:03 AM
crankbait
crankbait
User since 6/20/01

Not much of a camper, but some I recall seeing in the past are:

1- I think there's one in conjunction with the Petenwell Park & marina? 2- Michigan side of Chalk Hills / White Rapids flowage, (Amberg, WI) 3-  end of Blackhawk Island outside Fort Arkinson (lake Koshwhateverkong/ Rock river).  4- VFW in Prarie Du Sac/ Sauk City (WI river).  I think there might be some up in Crivitz too, possibly Twin Bridges park on High Falls?? Also stayed on one on Crystal Lake outside Madison as well.

I don't know if any of these meet your criteria, but I know the camp grounds are there, on the water.

6/4/18 @ 3:31 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07
Goose island in La Crosse has campsites on the river where people leave their boat.  I can't remember if these are tent only or open for RV's too. 
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE