To all my friends please make sure your free June 6th and make a effort to join me at this derby. This is a great derby and a lot of fun fishing, good food and raffles. This year we have some awesome speakers for the kids and adult's. I will not be fishing in this derby. I am on the committee this year so my goal is to work with the kids, take pictures, help at weigh in AND HAVE FUN! What a good time to do some Kid and Adult bonding. The Fort Atkinson Legion 166 would like to invite all of you to the 2nd Annual Fort Atkinson Legion Post 166 Fishing Derby. This will be Free Fishing Weekend in Wisconsin so you will not need a Fishing Licence for this event. Life's a fishing picnic! Especially on Wisconsin's Free Fishing Weekend, June 6 - 7, 2015. Residents and nonresidents are welcome! It will be held on JUNE 6th from 5:00am to 2:00pm at the Fort Atkinson Legion Post 166 Dugout at 201 S. Water St. W. in Fort Atkinson. This Fishing Derby is for both Kids and Adults to fish in. Fish from the Shore or a Boat. Lake or River fishing. From the Jefferson Dam to the Indianford Dam. The cost for the Fishing Derby will be: Kids are Free! When they register they will receive a pack of Fish Wild Cards of all of the fish in Wisconsin and a Fish Measuring Tape to measure their catch of the day. The cost for Adults will be $15.00 w/ a lunch provided. The fish classes will be Walleye/Sauger, Northern/Muskie Catfish. 1st an 2nd place will be determined by 1 fish by weight in each class. Panfish it will be by the total weight of 5 Panfish. All Wisconsin Fishing regulations apply for this Fishing Derby The following are the prizes in each class: Kids 1st place $75.00 with 2nd being $25.00 For the Adults it will be 1st place $150.00 with 2nd being $50.00. To register ahead of time you can go to the Legion Dugout on S.Water St. W or at the Shell Handy Pantry at 1012 Whitewater Ave. in Fort Atkinson. You may also register at the Legion Post 166 Dugout on the day of the Fishing Derby starting at 5:00am. After 2:00pm we will have a free lunch for all those who registered for the Fishing Derby and for the Public for a small donation. After that we will have Speaker and Some Raffles for the Public and those who registered for the Fishing Derby of Fishing related items and some 50- 50 raffles to end the day. The proceeds for this event will be given to the following organizations: Bark River Fish Hatchery, Friends of Haumerson's Pond, Boys and Girls Club of Fort Atkinson. Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts. So stop on down and help your local Veterans help support the youth of Fort Atkinson So learn alongside the kids on Free Fishing Weekend, and be ready when they say, "Take me fishing, please!" For more Information, you can contact one of the following people. Dan Juday: 920-747-0691 Email: IFISH@compufort.com Don Krebs: 608-548-4448 Email: dckrebs@yahoo.com Vern Zech: 920-650-0475 Email: lavernezech#gmail.com Hope to see you all there!!