Guiding help.

1/14/15 @ 11:04 PM
ORIGINAL POST
crappiekiller95
crappiekiller95
USER since 12/21/11
I am about to be a new and up coming Wisconsin fishing guide this is no advertisement at all I am dropping in asking for fellow fisher mans help. Also I am not looking for negativity I have a strong passion for the outdoors so negativity isn't what I am looking for What I am looking for is help on this topic by fellow anglers. So you can PM me at any time. This is my passion and going to go for it so help is needed, good and bad that you have seen with other guide outing so I can improve my self to make sure a day out with me is the best it can be any help would be appreciated. I already have a full guiding license from the DNR. I am 19 years old always wanted to do this and its what happening its a good time in my life. I no that this job is hard and only will get harder as it goes on any help would be nice. Tight lines to all hope to see you out on the water.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts
4/28/15 @ 11:10 AM
Budman
Budman
USER since 8/17/01
Congrats and Good luck!

Post Your Comment
4/24/15 @ 2:01 PM
crappiekiller95
crappiekiller95
USER since 12/21/11
I wanna do an update on this page. I wanna say thanks to everyone who has PM or dropped great interesting advice and all the help. I'm glad to say that starting May 8th I will be open for business look for my lake link account on here and drop PM's at any time for fishing reports as I will try to post ones weekly. I appreciate everything everyone has said or done to help me make a life long dream for me come true.

Post Your Comment
1/25/15 @ 8:02 PM
crappiekiller95
crappiekiller95
USER since 12/21/11
I haven been busy going all over to fish and get this all together and flowing smooth and been getting on fish. I have to also drop in and say thank you to all who have dropped positive comments I thank you it only helps. With a recent call telling me I got accepted into a school up in the UP I will keep this going tell I have to go to school. Anyone know how I pay to advertise my self on here? Tight lines to all.

Post Your Comment
1/24/15 @ 7:43 PM
plumwerm
plumwerm
USER since 3/25/10
If you make more casts than your clients on a guide trip, you need to rethink your methods. You are there to provide help and information, not to have them pay for you to fish. I have hired guides all over the US and my number one beef is the guide making more casts than I do. Fish a little and teach a lot. I would also suggest that in your spare time you take an remedial class in spelling, punctuation and grammar. How you present yourself to the public is very important in building a client base. Right now you are lacking in all three.

Edited on 1/24/15 7:54 PM
Post Your Comment
1/23/15 @ 11:04 AM
Tommy Howell
NPAA105
USER since 7/11/11
Get liability insurance before anything else, and you might want to look at incorporating so your personal assets aren't at risk if you get sued. Joining the NPAA is a great way to network with other Professional Guides and professional fishermen. It will also help you with networking, and sponsorship which can defray a lot of your costs.

Always be honest, and professional, and don't ever bad mouth other guides or equipment. Good luck!

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
Post Your Comment
1/23/15 @ 8:58 AM
machoprogrammer
machoprogrammer
USER since 1/19/07
I am not a guide, but from ones I have used (and friends that are guides):

Make sure you teach the people you are guiding; tell them what you are doing and why you are doing it.

Liability insurance will be important (I have no experience with this, thankfully, but it could save your rear end).

You will want to be able to catch a variety of fish since different seasons and conditions bring different opportunities.

Also, understand that it is a very hard and competitive industry. You also will have to deal with a lot of jerks. You also will have to fish on "bad" days, where you don't feel well or just don't feel like getting up. I hope you do awesome, though Cool

Post Your Comment
1/16/15 @ 9:03 AM
crappiekiller95
crappiekiller95
USER since 12/21/11
Yes Oneida and Vilas county area lakes also I know how to fish whitefish out on the bay that will maybe start later on after getting this gong better. Then I know how to fish the Winnebago system good. Also just gong to say on the hot bite where it is if I can. May also fish in Sawyer and Ashland I know lots of good muskie lakes and have been successful everytime out I have put in my time to learn lakes and learn how fish inhabit water so I hope this goes well.

Post Your Comment
1/16/15 @ 5:22 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Are you in Oneinda County, or where are you setting up out of?

Post Your Comment
1/15/15 @ 10:31 PM
crappiekiller95
crappiekiller95
USER since 12/21/11
Any one can drop info about what they really like to see from a guide fish are nice catching but some time sit isn't all about catching them so drop some info on the kinda topic only bettering my self for all of you out there. Any one can also PM for info I know lots of lakes all around WI will be putting Wisconsin repots out weekly once I get this job going.

Post Your Comment
1/15/15 @ 9:15 PM
crappiekiller95
crappiekiller95
USER since 12/21/11
Thanks everyone who has so far drop some ideas and for the positive feed back it all helps.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts