Green Bay ice fishing guide

11/4/15 @ 10:06 PM
ORIGINAL POST
LakeDelavan
LakeDelavan
USER since 5/13/12
Hello everyone I am looking for a good guide to go out on green bay for a walleye and whitebass combo trip. I am looking to go out with a guide in more of a portable shanty setup and not a permanent shack so I know we can more around to find fish rather than sitting in one spot. If anyone knows of any good guides in the area or of ones to stay away from people inform me and if anyone has any good times of the year the went out please feel free to share. Thanks.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
11/6/15 @ 5:50 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
I should head my own advice as well but I've never been good at following directions, even if they're my directions!

I would HIGHLY recommend Dale also. With the shacks he has and the beautiful resort make a weekend of it. If the wife doesn't like fishing take her along and she can go shopping in Sturgeon Bay while you fish. It gets dark out early so you will be done fishing in plenty of time so that you can take her to dinner and a movie or whatever you want to do.

Post Your Comment
11/6/15 @ 4:07 PM
learningbass
learningbass
USER since 6/2/10
LK

I should probably heed Ditto's words of wisdom, but I want to try and give you an honest answer. Dale Stroschein is a well known guide and also owns Sand Bay Beach Resort. The resort is a nice place to stay and they pick you up at the front door in UTV's to take you out. He has walleye/ whitefish packages that include lodging. The last time I did the combo, the walleye fishing was in frabill portables and the whitefish fishing was in heated shanties. Dale is out there fishing with you. The last few years our group has gone for just whitefish. You can see pricing on his website. There are other good guides as well.

Post Your Comment
11/5/15 @ 7:20 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
There's a number of them that are very good that I'm sure you've heard of. I won't mention any names because regardless of who someone says there will be people who will complain about them for one reason or another regardless of wether it's valid or not.

Portables really aren't necessary up there if you're going with a guide. The walleye fishing is generally done for a very short amount of time every morning and evening and unless it's bitter cold you just hope hop for the hour or so. Whitefish are there - they're everywhere! So you might as well sit in a comfortable permanent shack.

Post Your Comment
11/5/15 @ 2:55 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
You are probably looking for walleye and whiteFISH on the bay , right? Lot's of reports by guides from last winter for you to read up on. Find one that sounds good and call them. I would leave the type of shelter to the guide. They know what they are doing. That is why you are hiring a guide in the first place. Mrt.

Post Your Comment